Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new addition

well here is what i came up with.more of a light /roof combination made out of alluminum-expired license plate.first try at i so i may make some minor changes but over all pleased and it may bend in a rollover but the lights should withstand the crash.best of all it was easy to make and if needed,easy to make a replacement if this one is broken.tell me what you think and if it needs changes.might even make the side panels out of it.let me know if you like it or if it looks too home made.still need to polish it a little with some steel whool and get the fine scratches out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brianka; 02-27-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Wow...

Try it and see...that's all you can do. Great way to be resourceful.

thank you,would be harder to do without being able to see all the great builds that everyone does.it is truely inspiring.ill try the front panel too,might have to trim it smaller to get it in place.find out soon enough.i think i like the metal look better though.if i do i will make a new spoiler to match.should have some more done by the weekend.also have a better idea for the roof and lights,still using the metal,but will have a much cleaner look.
    Last edited by brianka; 02-28-2012 at 06:34 PM.

hi everyone,this is what i came up with.i used expired license plates for the metal and trimmed cut and drilled before buffing them with some steel wool.turned out fairly well.the thin metal enabled me to keep from adding too much weight.for the roof i simply extended the front and created a lip in front and bent down to create my mount for the lights.much cleaner look than my other idea in the previous pics.let me know if you like it or not.have not decided if i will put any stickers on the panels or just leave it plain.

here is what i have come up with until i figure out something more original for the stickers.probably get rid of the fox sticker and stick with the monster theme by itself and put one on the roof in place of the fox head.
    Last edited by brianka; 03-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

hi everyone,looking at what i have done,i want to replace the rear shocks with longer ones that i can mount on the top rear roof mount.does anyone know what size i need to make it work.from measuring i am guessing arond 150mm.i just want to know if anyone has done this?i have seen some pics but no info on what shocks were used.i know integy makes some this size with and without remote res. or piggyback res.other than longer travel,is there difference in 110mm shock and 150mm?am i better off leaving the 110mm on since they perform well?thanks, any input would help.here is a pic of one with the longer shocks on the rear

hi everyone,made a purchase today should come in a week or so.traxxas slash front and rear wheels and tires!while i wait i will be tweaking my project.disassembling and painting the frame orange.the body panels will remain silver and the rest pretty much how it is.i will post more pics as i progress.the wheels are chrome with black outer ring.

hi guys,i finished painting the chassis and waiting for the paint to dry.turned out good.i went with a red dish orange for the frame.the panels i left natural alluminum and refined their fit and cleaned up their appearance.ill have finished pics probably tommorow.the new traxxas slash wheels are to arrive friday.cant wait to show everyone so you can tell me what you think.

ok everyone,here is what i have come up with.i cleaned up the panels(polished and made a more precise fit),painted the chassis red /orange,finalized the lighting.overall i am happy with what i have so far.my new wheels and tires will be here in a few days.what do you think so far?

That is looking sick. I love it.

You are going to make me build one.

go for it!its not a difficult build.probably the hardest was deciding on a color sceme and how scale i wanted to make it.still do not know if i will put or make seats for it.i will make it brushless eventually.thanks for your comments!encouragement goes a long way.would anyone know here if the traxxas steel gears for the tranny are a direct replacement for the nylon or will i need to purchase a new tranny altogether when i go brushless?or is there a stronger tranny out there that would work in this that would be a better choice?thanks
    Last edited by brianka; 03-14-2012 at 09:31 AM.

thanks again for the positive support.really my first kinda scale build.i will post more pics when i get the new wheels.let me know if there is anything more i could do or change to get a better look.little by little it will be there!over all i really am pleased with the chassis.it has been easy to work with.in the mean time,the weather has been really nice and been flying my heli a little.spring came early!

i mounted and ran the new tires today!wow! jumped it on my kids bmx ramp and it flies great!also made and mounted a skid plate to the front.

I don't believe you...unless there is video or pics... LOL

i will try to get some action shots or vid if i can get my wife to take it for me!lol.the way it drives now is much more controllable than when it was stock stampede.the lower cog and longer wheel base and wider makes it a much more predictable ride too.i not pulling wheelies with the brushed motor but still not slow.probably around 30 to 35mph right now.already have gotten a lot of compliments from the neighbors and their kids too!lol.thanks rc4wd for offering such an awsome chassis to build on.taking it in to the local hobby shop to see if i can figure out what length shocks in the back to mount at the top position of the frame.i am guessing somewhere around 130mm but i want to be sure before i buy any.
    really didnt need to make a skid for the front other than to save the paint.i putfuel tubing on the shock shaft to limit so it wont bottom out.
    Last edited by brianka; 03-19-2012 at 09:47 AM.

just a few more picyures with added ttail lights.have been running it and wow!it is really pretty cool watching it go since it looks realistic.thanks 4wd for such a great chassis to work with.

That turned out great. Now let's see some action beatings. LOL

here is what i played with today.

i am currently working on my clodbuster tuber.when i am finished it will have the red chassis and same body panels as the sand rail complete with matching fox head stickers!pictures to come soon.i need to make new steering control arms and clean it up a bit first.ordered new rc4wd esc and 35t motors which are on the way.
    Last edited by brianka; 08-23-2012 at 10:59 PM.

here is a picture of the chassis i am using to give you an idea of what it will be.