Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianka
    • Dec 2011

sorry,wrong info.the front track is about 1 1/2 inches wider on each side than the back but handles really well this way.

Comment

• brianka
      • Dec 2011

hi there,well i think it is complete for now.i added some working lights to my fabricated light bar.bought the lights and holders and 9v connecter from radio shack and wired myself all for about $10.00.oh,and a project box that holds the 9v battery and switch.let me know what you think so far.
      Attached Files

Comment

• brianka
        • Dec 2011

hi,does anyone know where i can buy or how to make a tube roof mount light bar surroundso i can mount my lights on top of the roof and not take all the impact in a rollover?something like this.....i thought maybe metal coat hanger and jb weld and flatten and drill mount holes ......btw whoever did this one did a really good job!
        i know the lights are safer under the roof where i have them....do you guys think i shoulkd just leave them where they are?your opinions matter
        Attached Files
        Last edited by brianka; 02-26-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
          Administrator
          • Jul 2005

Brian,
          Unless you can braze or weld, I will leave them under the roof. To have some thing that can withstand a tumble, you really need to use some heavy rod or tube.

Comment

• brianka
            • Dec 2011

thank you.that is was i was figuring.i am not good at welding but i had thought about using an automotive grade jb weld then i looked further and found even if i could i would have to redesign how i made my light bracket.dont get me wrong,i like the way mine turned out,the other looks more realistic to me.what do you think of it so far?what do you drive?
            yhanks for you help.still been cold here and getting spring fever!!

Comment

• brianka
              • Dec 2011

well here is what i came up with.more of a light /roof combination made out of alluminum-expired license plate.first try at i so i may make some minor changes but over all pleased and it may bend in a rollover but the lights should withstand the crash.best of all it was easy to make and if needed,easy to make a replacement if this one is broken.tell me what you think and if it needs changes.might even make the side panels out of it.let me know if you like it or if it looks too home made.still need to polish it a little with some steel whool and get the fine scratches out of it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by brianka; 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
                Administrator
                • Jul 2005

Wow...

Try it and see...that's all you can do. Great way to be resourceful.

Comment

• brianka
                  • Dec 2011

thank you,would be harder to do without being able to see all the great builds that everyone does.it is truely inspiring.ill try the front panel too,might have to trim it smaller to get it in place.find out soon enough.i think i like the metal look better though.if i do i will make a new spoiler to match.should have some more done by the weekend.also have a better idea for the roof and lights,still using the metal,but will have a much cleaner look.
                  Last edited by brianka; 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• brianka
                    • Dec 2011

hi everyone,this is what i came up with.i used expired license plates for the metal and trimmed cut and drilled before buffing them with some steel wool.turned out fairly well.the thin metal enabled me to keep from adding too much weight.for the roof i simply extended the front and created a lip in front and bent down to create my mount for the lights.much cleaner look than my other idea in the previous pics.let me know if you like it or not.have not decided if i will put any stickers on the panels or just leave it plain.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• brianka
                      • Dec 2011

here is what i have come up with until i figure out something more original for the stickers.probably get rid of the fox sticker and stick with the monster theme by itself and put one on the roof in place of the fox head.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by brianka; 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• brianka
                        • Dec 2011

hi everyone,looking at what i have done,i want to replace the rear shocks with longer ones that i can mount on the top rear roof mount.does anyone know what size i need to make it work.from measuring i am guessing arond 150mm.i just want to know if anyone has done this?i have seen some pics but no info on what shocks were used.i know integy makes some this size with and without remote res. or piggyback res.other than longer travel,is there difference in 110mm shock and 150mm?am i better off leaving the 110mm on since they perform well?thanks, any input would help.here is a pic of one with the longer shocks on the rear
                        Attached Files

Comment

• brianka
                          • Dec 2011

hi everyone,made a purchase today should come in a week or so.traxxas slash front and rear wheels and tires!while i wait i will be tweaking my project.disassembling and painting the frame orange.the body panels will remain silver and the rest pretty much how it is.i will post more pics as i progress.the wheels are chrome with black outer ring.

Comment

• brianka
                            • Dec 2011

hi guys,i finished painting the chassis and waiting for the paint to dry.turned out good.i went with a red dish orange for the frame.the panels i left natural alluminum and refined their fit and cleaned up their appearance.ill have finished pics probably tommorow.the new traxxas slash wheels are to arrive friday.cant wait to show everyone so you can tell me what you think.

Comment

• brianka
                              • Dec 2011

ok everyone,here is what i have come up with.i cleaned up the panels(polished and made a more precise fit),painted the chassis red /orange,finalized the lighting.overall i am happy with what i have so far.my new wheels and tires will be here in a few days.what do you think so far?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2005

That is looking sick. I love it.

You are going to make me build one.

Comment

Working...
                                X