• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ayr
    • Jan 2012

ImaxRC Charger

Hi I bought this charger "Imaxrc B606 Intelligent Digital Balance Charger":

And I bought 2 of this batteries "11.1V 1300mah 25C Lipo Battery soft pack":

The problem is, when I try charging any of both batteries by clicking on "Lippo Batt", then "LiPo Balance", then it is set to "0.1A" that I do not know what it is and then "7.4V(2S)" and either do not know what it is and finally "Enter" on the cahrger. starts saying "Battery Check Wait" and then "connection Break".

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong or could be the problem?

Regards
  • dr.frank
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Ayr View Post
    Hi I bought this charger "Imaxrc B606 Intelligent Digital Balance Charger":

And I bought 2 of this batteries "11.1V 1300mah 25C Lipo Battery soft pack":

The problem is, when I try charging any of both batteries by clicking on "Lippo Batt", then "LiPo Balance", then it is set to "0.1A" that I do not know what it is

"0.1A" means the charging current, for the 1300mAh battery can take 1.3A for a safe charge.

and then "7.4V(2S)" and either do not know what it is

7.4C 2s means a 2 cell battery, you bought a 11.1V 3s 3 cell battery, so you
    have to select 3s.

and finally "Enter" on the cahrger. starts saying "Battery Check Wait" and then "connection Break".

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong or could be the problem?

The main problem is the cell count you choose. 2s is the set and the charger will counter check it before staring the charge. It detects a 3s battery and stops the charging process.

Regards
    I hope this helps a bit.

Greetings Frank
    Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
    the gentlemen of rock

Comment

• Ayr
      • Jan 2012

Frank, thank you very much for your answer and your great explanation. I really appreciate it.

I have set the charger to LiPo Balance, 1.3 A and 11.1V (3S) press Enter for 2 seconds and again Connection Break. I have tried with both batteries and I get the same error. I do not know what I could be doing wrong.

Regards

Comment

• dr.frank
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Ayr View Post
        Frank, thank you very much for your answer and your great explanation. I really appreciate it.

I have set the charger to LiPo Balance, 1.3 A and 11.1V (3S) press Enter for 2 seconds and again Connection Break. I have tried with both batteries and I get the same error. I do not know what I could be doing wrong.

Regards
        Your welcome. Did you conect the balancer plug of the battery to the
        balancer port of the charger?

Greetings Frank
        Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
        the gentlemen of rock

Comment

• Ayr
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by dr.frank View Post
          Your welcome. Did you conect the balancer plug of the battery to the
          balancer port of the charger?

Greetings Frank
          Yes, it brings like a small mother board which is connected to the charger an the battery to the mother board that has diferent plugs for different batteries.

I have tried again and nothing.

Regards

Comment

• mrtravass
            • Dec 2011

Same thing

I am new to RC cars - so this may sound dumb - I just purchased the same charger and the same battery here at RC4wd based on their recommendation and I get the exact same problem. Connection break or sometimes a Voltage error message (I don't remember the exact verbage, I am at work away from the charger). If I disconnect the multi pin connector it will then charge the battery but it obviously can't monitor what is going on in the individual cells. Also, all pictures you find of this charger show it with the deans type connectors and the charger I received has all tamiya type connectors on every cable. Kind of annoying, but I am able to work around that. One thing I noticed which may be causing the error is that the connector has several pins, one is not being used. I wonder if it should have a connector without the blank pin because the charger is looking for one more cell that is not there, if that makes sense. If you guys have any solutions I would love to hear them. Thanks, Travis

Comment

• dr.frank
              • Nov 2009

Hello,

sounds like a problem with the balancer connector pin assignment. Give me some time to do some research, please.

Greetings Frank
              Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
              the gentlemen of rock

Comment

• mrtravass
                • Dec 2011

Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to help with this! Travis

Comment

• mrtravass
                  • Dec 2011

Error message

Now I can only get the "connection break" message. I ordered a different brand of battery to see if there is a problem with the battery or not and will report back after I receive that battery. One thing I noticed is that the circuit board for the balancer plug that comes with the charger, where it plugs into the charger there is not a good way to remove it from the charger, therefor after only plugging it in and removing a few times it feels like the wires could pull out of the plug and I wonder if that could be my "connection break." I am not impressed with the quality of the balancer circuit board connections.

Comment

• mrtravass
                    • Dec 2011

New Battery Fixed the Problem

I purchased a new 2 cell Venom battery and everything works perfect now. Cheap battery was the problem.

Ayr - did you get yours up and running?

Travis

Comment

Working...
                    X