Thread: Outcry brushed ecu and lipo cutoff

Default Outcry brushed ecu and lipo cutoff

The red wire is removed on the outcry but now needs to go into the cutoff (Novak). I'm guessing I need to add the wire back into the connector and pull the red wire from the lipo cutoff > rx, right?

Hello,

do you use this Novak Cut off?

NOVAK SMART STOP

If so, you can leave everything as it was (ESC&BEC), because the cut off will detect the LiPo voltage level over the battery conectors and over the RX conector. Just remove the red wires from the Novak thing.

Greetings Frank
    Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
    the gentlemen of rock

Thanks, and yes, I am using the Novak Smart Stop.

I had to reconnect the red wire into the connector coming off the Outcry and disconnect the red wire from the Novak going into the rx.

If the RC4WD team drivers use the Outcry, or variation of it without a Lipo cutoff, what do you/they use as indicator for low voltage? I've seen a few others use a buzzer or led warning light and wonder if maybe some people just don't use any and know the symptoms of the battery running low??
    Last edited by Buckaloose; 04-15-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaloose View Post
    I had to reconnect the red wire into the connector coming off the Outcry and disconnect the red wire from the Novak going into the rx.

Leave your wiring of the Outcry and RX as it was and remove both red wires at the Novak cutoff.

If the RC4WD team drivers use the Outcry, or variation of it without a Lipo cutoff, what do you/they use as indicator for low voltage? I've seen a few others use a buzzer or led warning light and wonder if maybe some people just don't use any and know the symptoms of the battery running low??

I would allways use a cutoff, LED or buzzer thing, otherwise you will destroy your battery and maybe more.
    Greetings Frank
    Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
    the gentlemen of rock