Thread: Trail Finder 2 for Stacey David's GearZ

Default Trail Finder 2 for Stacey David's GearZ

Back in March Tom at RC4WD asked me to build up a Trail Finder 2 that would be featured on Stacey David's Gearz. Needless to say, I was stoked.

This truck was to be built up with some of the hop-up parts and scale accessories RC4WD has to offer. It was fun being able to work with all the upgrades in one build.

Here are a couple of pictures of the build.

Getting body situated. I used the full cab back on this.

Paint

Inner fenders and electronics

I hand cut the decals from adhesive vinyl

The show aired last night. Here's a clip for those that didn't see the segment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPwbPhstG0U

Default Adhesive vinyl brandr

Wow! What a beautiful truck. I used to have 1:1 1983 that looked exactly like that minus the topper. I had a rolllbar with KC Hilites instead. I was so excited to see this post. I was wondering if you could tell me what brand of adhesive vinyl you used? And how did you do the color match? I would like to try to build my Trail Finder 2 to look like my old Toy. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 83Toy View Post
    Wow! What a beautiful truck. I used to have 1:1 1983 that looked exactly like that minus the topper. I had a rolllbar with KC Hilites instead. I was so excited to see this post. I was wondering if you could tell me what brand of adhesive vinyl you used? And how did you do the color match? I would like to try to build my Trail Finder 2 to look like my old Toy. Thank you in advance.
    Wicked! I can't remember the brand but I think I got a sample pack of 24 or so colors on eBay or Amazon some years ago. Just search for adhesive backed vinyl and see what comes up. As for color match I just guessed.

Oh yeah, I made a second truck like this for myself.

Cool

That is really awesome! That's it all the way down to the white stock wheels. Amazing. To be honest my old '83 was a slightly different color. They called it Terra-cotta so kind of a burnt red and the adhesive stickers were various tones of red, orange and gold. Really bad photo attached but so far all I could find. But yours looks so cool with the variations of gray. Very nicely done. I'm so inspired by this I intend to try and find an original 1983 and rebuild and bring my old truck back to life. Been shopping around. That way I will have the original and a scale model as well. I will keep you posted and share my progress here. Thank you so much for your help. J