Warn 8275
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toyota Truck for Trucking

Filthy windshield.

Mystery Animal crate.

Exhausting.

Since this needs to be done soon, I focused my attention on a lot of stuff not worth taking pictures of. Buttoning down the electronics, setting EPA's, Trims, and programming drag brakes (no Holmes Hold this year). Making sure the balloons are watertight, attaching the HeyOK winch controller, etc. Lots of super boring stuff that I wouldn't normally spend so much time on, but want to make sure I've done it right.

Painted a 3D printed head I was shown at a local comp by a nice man with glasses. Shamelessly ripped off the idea of painting eyes on the glasses. Masterstroke Dana.

Didn't have another wiper on hand so used a rag. I've seen this done before. Works!

Made sure that my primer matched the primer on the full-size Trailblazer. Generis should appreciate this.

Now if only MTHead would return my PM's I could be finished...

I'm happy to report that I'm essentially done. All that's missing is a licence plate.

A few tiny details between yesterday and today. I flatted out and rusted the wheels to better fit with the rest of the build. Added a bunch of things in the bed, including some spilled paint. Darn it! Pobody's Nerfect. I also added a wired remote for the winch. I mean, how else will he control it?

Wait a sec, what's going on there?!

Yep, functioning exhaust.

I ran a 6v Smoke Generator unit meant for model boats via a battery (so I don't have to have it running all the time) and hid it in that wooden box I made. Hooked it up to the exhaust and presto, scale hilarity.

I'm going to put it through it's paces this week and make sure everything's working properly. If I had one wish, it would be for different shocks. These Kings are nice, but don't feel very accurate. I'll see if I can organize getting some Emu's before the 21st. Even the Superlift Steering Damper doesn't seem quite right.

Breakdown:

Custom Toyota Trailblazer body by Mr. N00b
    RC4WD TF2 chassis converted to 3/4 link
    R3 Single Speed Transmission
    Holmes 35T Torqumaster
    Holmes BR-XL
    3S Battery
    HobbyKing Most Powerful Extra Brushless Servo
    RC4WD King Shocks 90 & 100mm
    HeyOK 4 Amp Winch Controller 3Racing Winch
    1.7 RC4WD Baja Claws

Your rig is absolutely awesome - my mouth is wide open

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Your rig is absolutely awesome - my mouth is wide open
    Thank you sir.

I've made a few modifications...

I decided after the ECSC that 3/4 link setup was just too much for a top heavy truck like this. With the added weight of the battery box and smoker unit, it really needed to be back on leaf springs. Also, to save weight, I switched to the plastic bumper off the Bruiser.

This setup is sooo much better. Still a great amount of flex, but not so much that body roll pulls the whole thing over.

Build looks great! Really liking the smoking exhaust.