Blazer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The U beaut Aussie ute! A delux C2 build..

Default The U beaut Aussie ute! A delux C2 build..

Hi folks!

This is my first build thread on here so be gentle!

Our comp season is due to start again next month so this is going to be a bit of a rushed build- well rushed for me anyway, I'm a slooooow builder!

I'd had plans on using "Krusty" the 2-door JK for this years C2 rig but with a revision of the rules for this year and now being part of the RC4WD team I thought it might be more appropriate to build a comp rig based on RC4WD gear..
    So here is my version of a TF2! Australian style!

The offroad and ute scene is rather unique here in Aus and I want to represent this with this rig whilst making it a (hopefully) competitive C2 vehicle.. So the look will be; lots of aerials, RHD, lots of mudflaps, a flat tray with tool box etc and plenty of Aussie style detail.......

Some inspiration;

This is really only going to be used for comps so I decided to ditch the stock two speed and go for an R2 transmission;

The transfer case has been raised and flipped to give over-drive to the front axle...

I burned the paint off the front bar so I can do some mods...

The cab is done in a genuine Yota colour, "centre red", this is before the clearcoat was applied.

Oh and as you can see I've used Bruiser front spring hangers instead of the stock setup.

I'm using the earlier style grill just to make it a little bit different (lets face it, it's pretty hard to be different when you're building a Hilux!)
    I opened up the slots in the grill so you can see the front valance easier..

Apologies for the shoddy photo quality, I'm still trying to get the lighting right...

Quote Originally Posted by Delux View Post
    This is really only going to be used for comps so I decided to ditch the stock two speed and go for an R2 transmission;

The transfer case has been raised and flipped to give over-drive to the front axle...
    Hello jez nice try but you need to flip up one of the axle upside down right?
    try to reduce the dimension of the bruiser leafs front holders or you'll always get stuck there. You can make an hole some mm up and cut off what you don't need
    Last edited by SEYCHELLES; 01-22-2014 at 12:29 PM.

I didn't have to do anything to the axles, they are all spinning the right way. You did make me double check though!

I've been thinking the same thing about those front spring mounts, they sure do stick out!

Nice rig!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the end though, it all comes down to stick time...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockatanski View Post
    Nice rig!
    Cheers!

I've started work on a RHD dash. I used a combo of an original Tamiya Bruiser interior and the kit TF2 dash. Alot still to do!

Most of the detailing is done on the cab now. I'll wait a few weeks then rub it back and give it a polish. It's been a while since I've done a shiny rig!

I've filled the recess for the winch in on the front bar too, the plan is to get it looking more like the 1:1 ARB bar..

The interior is nearly done.

Say G'day to Aussie Bob!

It's been a while between drinks with this one, but it's now officially a runner!

I haven't had time to get the flat tray for the rear done so I thought instead of leaving it to sit idle I'd paint up the stock tray and run it like that for a while...

Apart from the tray I've still got a bunch of details I want to add, plates, mudflaps, radio aerial etc etc...

J. Your builds always amzin... Lot of details .. As usually.. We can only take some idea from your 3d!

Thumbs up Awesome

Great detail. The flowered visors are a nice touch.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Another aerial, for the radio this time..

A pallet for the rear, it just needs a load.

You're getting some rust at the bottom of the rear fender.... Your paint doesn't worked well

Never trust a shonky home paint job!