• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rckcrwlr
    Administrator
    • Jul 2005

Rckcrwlr's Scale Garage

This project has been on my mind for years...how can I display or shoot pictures that look somewhat real, but have the control of lighting? Well, over the past year there has been more and more Scale Garage Builds on the forums.

So I thought it was my turn to attempt this. It will be a work in process but that is how real garages are.

I first needed to find a place to put it. Needed to be somewhat big, out of the way and easy to move around.

I had looked at some of my shop tables, but I need them. Actually thought of making a pulley system and lower it from the ceiling....Yeah, I was getting desperate...Then it hit me...

Yeap, an old, metal tool cart that was collecting junk. I know, now where do I put all that stuff? Right now it's on the floor. LOL

So, I need to make the surface to look more like a garage floor...Enter stage left

Perfect for the look I was going for.

I stopped at a Craft Store and picked up some foam board, a garage is nothing without walls.

With a blank, white canvas, I needed to give some dimension. I could paint it solid but it may clash with the item I am photographing...So here is what I did.

I made one wall a different color for a different look. Was first thinking an outdoor look but we will see as things progress.

Using Velcro I was able to attach the boards and disassemble easily if needed.

Now that the walls are up, I needed to set up some sawhorses to load the wood for framing the inside walls

While that was drying, I finished my ladder

The load of wood was delivered and I am ready to go

It was snowing pretty hard so I pulled the Camaro back in for the night

More to come...

• Rckcrwlr
    Administrator
    • Jul 2005

A couple buddies stopped over today to check out the Mil Truck. Funny how they just happen to bring a cooler of beer..

It's time to hide the chairs...that is just welcoming them to sit down versus help...

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
      Administrator
      • Jul 2005

Rckcrwlr's Garage got a shipment from RC4WD today...

Here is just a sneak peak of the shipment...look for other threads on the details to come..

First was the new JD Model Semi Truck Alum Fifth Wheel Hitch

These are all aluminum with the realistic release that is spring loaded and locks when connected.

Two of my guys helped lift it up with the bobcat...

Then they started playing chicken to see who could hold their hand in the hitch the longest before it slammed shut..

I also received a shipment of RC4WD's new grease. The Red is their Super Tacky and the Green is the standard.

Here are the two

As I was taking the pictures and we were discussing the differences (seen in a coming thread), we both realized that Buford was missing. We both turned at the same time and saw this...

BUFORD!!!! What are you doing?

I'm Finger Painting...why?

I made a Christmas Tree for the new Garage...isn't it awesome?

A Christmas Tree Finger-painted with Grease....

I kinda like the idea...

Comment

• pardonmyn00b
        • Jan 2012

Do fifth wheels count as spare tires?
        sigpic

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
          Administrator
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
          Do fifth wheels count as spare tires?
          I would say so...

Comment

• Northernerbill
            • May 2012

I'd love a scale garage, but I think it would be the final straw with the misses lol.

Saying that I am building my boys a shelf Ken Block garage to put there hpi micros in.
            sigpic

Comment

• Regasa
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
              A couple buddies stopped over today to check out the Mil Truck. Funny how they just happen to bring a cooler of beer..

It's time to hide the chairs...that is just welcoming them to sit down versus help...
              Super cool garage build and dummies.

Comment

Working...
              X