X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluzboy66
    • Oct 2014

New to Forum, with a Brand New TF2

Been lurking for a while, and happy to finally be an 'official' forum member.

I'm the proud owner of a brand new Trail Finder 2 kit, and I'm just about finished with the initial build. I'll be making changes as I go, but so far I'm fairly impressed with the truck. I had a few quality control issues, but RC4WD made things right on one component, and I was was able to address a few other minor things myself. All in all, it's a great truck, and I'm going to enjoy trailing it. Color is Testors Hemi Orange with Rustoleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover X2 Gloss Clear coat. I installed the RC4WD light kit, a Tekin FX-R ESC and 35t Heavy Duty brushed motor combo, Hitec HS-645MG and 311 servos, and a Spektrum DX4C radio. Still have a few things to do before I can take it outside for the first time.

image.jpg
    Attached Files
  • TITANTESLA
    • Oct 2014

Rite on man ! iam doing the same thing .really cool kit .I plan on useing the clodbuster chevy truck body .

Comment

• Bluzboy66
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by TITANTESLA View Post
      Rite on man ! iam doing the same thing .really cool kit .I plan on useing the clodbuster chevy truck body .
      Nice! I'm always keeping an eye out for a decent Clodbuster body. I'd like to build a stock looking truck with one.

Mike

Comment

• Bluzboy66
        • Oct 2014

I got the rubber mirrors, photo etch emblems, and lexan glass installed. Still waiting for a bench seat so that I can do the interior.

Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

• Homer Pyle
          • Aug 2014

Looking sweet!

I cant wait till my next build.

Comment

• TITANTESLA
            • Oct 2014

Years ago i used to build glue up model cars i wonder if the scale is rite to use some of there interior parts such as seat and dashes and such ? . iam glad you mentioned the bench seat thing .My friend Brian is doing a early 90s jeep cheroke on a tf2 platform useing a proline lexan body .And it kinda hit me as to how he was going to build his interior and such .

Comment

• Bluzboy66
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by TITANTESLA View Post
              Years ago i used to build glue up model cars i wonder if the scale is rite to use some of there interior parts such as seat and dashes and such ? . iam glad you mentioned the bench seat thing .My friend Brian is doing a early 90s jeep cheroke on a tf2 platform useing a proline lexan body .And it kinda hit me as to how he was going to build his interior and such .
              I still build model cars.....a life-long hobby (I'm 48). Unfortunately, the largest common model car scales are 1:12 and 1:8. Slightly small, and slightly large respectively. The Tamiya F350 High Lift is certainly smaller than the purported 1:10 scale, and the new Vaterra Ascender Chevy Blazer is reported to be closer to 1:9 scale. So, maybe some of the old large scale Monogram plastic model kits could offer up some nice scale details for your next TF2 or similar scaler build....

image.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• TITANTESLA
                • Oct 2014

Its ironic you say f350 highlift i have that very truck that was my first crawler lol. Iwas just wondering if i can use some model car parts to do the inside of the clodbuster body like steering wheel and seats for the action figure and junk. On another note i just realised something rather shocking . i work as a heavy equipment mechanic and have for the last 15 years and it just hit that i dont have any dam tools for rc! i mean i have close to 90k in snapon and other tools but not a dam thing anymore for my rc stuff i had a few but now i cant find them lol.so i guess i have to ask what would be a good kit for rock crawlers other than the required tools ? does anybody have any good large sets for sale ?
                Last edited by TITANTESLA; 10-10-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Bluzboy66
                  • Oct 2014

I just sold my F350 High Lift. It was a sweet truck, and I had it built up real nice, but it was a little too delicate for any serious trailing....a LOT of brittle plastic. I upgraded it quite a bit, including raising the gearbox 2cm with a lift kit from EP Designs, which also drops the motor down to the front like the TF2. truth told, I wish I'd kept it. It was a real head turner.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Bluzboy66
                    • Oct 2014

image.jpg
                    A pic taken just after the EP Design gearbox-up kit

Comment

• Homer Pyle
                      • Aug 2014

I love my HighLift and loved building it,but would not do any trailing with it.
                      Plus,after adding the MFC,it leave little room for upgrades and waterproofing as well.

Comment

• TITANTESLA
                        • Oct 2014

Nice lookin trucks man the f350 and tundra can trail but in my opinion they are to heavy for scale trailing and dont have much ground clearance from the trans skid plate would make a good tow truck for a trailer with my tf2 on it lol. give me your opinion on the spektrum dx4s radio i think thatss gona be my new one .

Comment

• Homer Pyle
                          • Aug 2014

I do not have a Spektrum,but have only heard positive accolades about them.

Comment

• TITANTESLA
                            • Oct 2014

Ok guys dont laff but iam all proud of my self i dug out all my old crawler stuff and found my battery and my indi16 charger and charged a few up dug the carp battrys out of my old radio and took the f350 out and blew the cobwebs out ! .My batterys are shot lol but she ran good. I will try to get a decent pic later . for sitn i a box for two years iam quite happy . all this did was re asure me that i love rock crawling . I tell you what would be absolutely awesome to see them make for the tf2 ?. a completly hydraulic automatic transmission that bolts to the v8 motor cover that they have . it would probly cost to much to make but that would be great .then if we could only build a scale running v8 we would be set but a running v8 in a scale crawler would dam sure get some attn .
                            Last edited by TITANTESLA; 10-12-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2005

Nice TF2...and all the other rigs in the thread.

Can't wait to see how you make the TF2 yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X