Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zarizi Tech
    • Dec 2013

I finally received the next pack of goodies from Dlux!

Quick shipping!

All those goodies! My christmas is early this year!

Most of these stuff were for my shafty.

Here are all of the stuff gathered together.

Hmmmm... Can't decide what to do first!

Maybe first I have to remove those Bully knuckles and knuckleweights, cause I wont be using them.

After that I could build these.

Here are the beefy shafths for my front axle. I'll have to shave them down quite a bit, cause right now, they won't fit in Bully 2 tube...

Ordered the knuckles with slugs and that seemed to be a good call. They are plenty heavy enough already without them. About 90 grams a piece.

Some head shrcatching... Hmm, they probably have to be another way around...

Now I got the other knuckle right, and still managed to mess up with the other. I'll have to shave down my hubs as well to make it a perfect match.

Next up - the links.

Rear links assembled. That bending looks quite extreme for shafty. I might have to do something about it...

Front and rear lowers assembled to the chassis!

Next up some weight readings of my transmission parts. This is the middle part which goes to chassis.

And this is my rear axles transmission.

Next would be checking the rear axle and building both of the axles. All the gears and bearings were in flawless condition after one season with my pro. Won't need changing yet.

New grease to the rear axle and it's ready to go again. At this point the battery of my camera died and I wasn't able to shoot pics from the axle building.

Then I had to go to market to get some new batteries for it, and here are the finished products. This is now the complete rear axle.

And here is front axle. Everything did go there without a problem.

Here is where I'm at now. As you can see from this pic the upper links will be really tricky ones to make work. And there is still a lot of unanswered questions of this build.

It won't be an easy one to build, but I really wasn't expecting so. Fact is at the moment, it probably wont be finished to our first comp on 10th of January... Now I need to get my pro going first.

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
      • Dec 2013

Continued a little today.

Shaving the hubs to make a perfect match with Dlux knuckles.

Had to shave about that much on both sides.

Easy job.

Next thing will be to drill the tubes for them shafts.

It'll look something like never before!

With Dlux shaft shaving, this thing will turn!

Really started to think about changing these to my other rigs as well. Amazing product!

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
        • Dec 2013

After I finished my pro, I got a little time today to do the shocks for my shafty.

Axial SCX10 aluminium shocks. Losi Mini-T rear springs in the rear and Losi Mini Crawler soft springs in front.

And Dlux no-preload mini-t cups.

For the moment I'll try with the same spring setup, that my pro has.

Got no more time today, but I'll continue tomorrow with the decals of the body. I heard that Michelle is waiting to see them.

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
          • Dec 2013

Progress.....!

Let's start prepping the body!

First cutting of the lexan from around the body.

That's what I have left. I'll be using those to cover the gears in the axles.

Decals are on it. A slight blue'ish shade over it, cause of the protective film.

Looking awesome!

Now I just have start to think wheter to paint it with red or black?

That'll look way too cool!

The gold stands for it's own there.

Window covers are on and I shall get to the painting tomorrow!

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
            • Dec 2013

My attention today was only to finish the body painting. Got a little carried away maybe?

Started with drilling the tubes for Dlux shafts.

Measured the shaft and then with the right tools started to drilling. Thanks to Arttu who did the hard part.

Little bit nervous with the set of tools we had.

Yikess...

Perfect result for drilling these tubes. Thank god.

Assembled the shafts and Dlux knuckles to my front axle and took it on scale. It's gonna be one heavy ass axle!

Rear axle is ready for some linkage work!

Front axle attached.

All of Dlux goodies are perfect matches for each other.

Upped links made! I took apart one super chassis and got some links from there. For example the steering link, which happened to be a perfect match.

Got the front uppers nearly from first try to their spot. I just have to do a little more tuning to them. Not much at all.

It's really close to be the setup for this chassis.

Rear uppers were much easier to put there. Also got some pretty good clocking done to it.

Testing how will it look like before the body goes to painting.

Saweeeet!

Here's a side view of the links.

Rear shocks to little bit wider. I'm getting there...

No contact whatsoever.

The steering doesn't look too bad.

Front setup is near as I said, but little tuning still needed.

Next thing would probably be to attach the drive shaft "transfer box".

Before that though, let's start the painting.

This time I'll take it easy. Don't wanna screw up that piece of magnificence.

Meanwhile it's drying, I'll get back into the chassis.

Istalled it with two screws - one from the side and one from below the chassis.

This is my front drive shaft. I had to make it really tiny. Total lenght 110mm.

And the drive shaft sits in really high!

Rear drive shaft and recently rotated Dlux rear lower links. Thanks for the advice in other topic Erik!

It's starting to look really nice!

Weight at the moment. Still missing electronics, tires, foams and body for example. It's gonna be 2kg beast I think.

Yes, got a little carried away from painting the body...

Tomorrow I'll finish that body then.

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
              • Dec 2013

Finished the body today!

Few more labels with black and it was done!

Way better result, than with my previous XCitier body painting.

Time to take the covering label off.

Ohhhhhhh......!

Suddenly the colors came to live!

Cutted the extra bit from sides.

Sideview.

That looks ridiculously good!!

Hood and the rivals glitching in his eyes!

Tale of revenge.

Some golden sponsors and THE flag.

Once again huuuugee and massive thanks to Michelle in Krawler Konceptz! This is my alltime favorite of your designs!

Now I'll prepare the other rigs for the Arctic Special comp on saturday. I'll get this running in the Bunker competition on february! Stay tuned next week for more building!

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                • Dec 2013

Yesterday did some more stuff to get this thing going at some point.

Good dark german beer and some battery soldering. Bad complination?

Half of them done.

Then it was time to test out, if I would be able to adjust these in my laptop. These are from my pro from the spring. They gave me some smoke, so I have left them waiting ever since.

The only result from that batch. BEC is working, both of the BR-Minies are gone... I'll just have to find me a BR-Mini from somewhere.

Three of four Team Zarizi Tech rigs are in the comp tomorrow. Almost finished with this one, but didn't have the time on my side. Next comp then.

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                  • Dec 2013

Time to continue this a little bit.

Stole the tires from my pro to test out wideness and stuff.

Also got some goodies from Sweden again!

CF battery and servo mount.

Still great products!

Next attaching Gunnar body mounts and THE body!

Ohhh yes! Then a little cutting to make it flex to the max.

So far I had to cut from front and rear only.

Still plenty of room for suspension and tires.

Weight without electronics.

Oh wait, I have the servo to attach there!

Making the front end a bit wider. The tires were scrubbing to the lower links at full steer.

Now it's good. Front 270mm and rear 250mm.

Now it has the room to turn.

I'll probably let these tires be under this rig and get the new set for my pro.

Bent lower rod ends to my front shocks.

And little bit of shaving to make the upper links clear the gearbox in every single position.

Looks ok!

I still have to open the lower rod ends a bit to get to 12,5" wb.

Narrowed the shock attaching points to avoid them touching the body.

I also tried to get my Stubby to the front axle, but it is a no go. I had a feeling it might be too big, so now the new Nexus motor is on it's way to this thingy.

I also have ordered Holmes Hobbies BR-Mini for this. Should be here any day now. Soon I have all of the parts.

Not far from being 3/3 driveable!

Comment

• g-jero
                    • May 2014

This thing looks killer
                    ​

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by g-jero View Post
                      This thing looks killer

Thanks Geir! It sure does!

Got new motors for the pro today and was able to test in on shafty.

It fits. Now I just have to wait for the shafty motor to arrive as well.

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                        • Dec 2013

Something arrived...

Brood related?

Indeed! Team Brood Racing Nexus 35T with regular can.

It's a fit as predicted before.

Here you can see how darn close the bevel gear is to the can. There's now way, that Stubby would fit in there.

Rest of my electronics are in finnish customs and I should get them here in time. I want this to be moving on sunday!

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                          • Dec 2013

Sad to notice today, that the stuff for this rig didn't make it here today. I think they'll be here on monday.

I decided to continue with the things I had here.

Protection for the bevel gears in the axles.

Rear axle cover mounted.

All about protection.

I also changed the spring limiters to plastic ones.

Front cover done as well.

I'll continue when the parts arrive.

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                            • Dec 2013

Still a lots of small stuff to do besides the electronics, so let's get on with it.

Had to shave some material off from the axle to get 100% of the suspension working.

The driver front lower link was touching the axle.

Not anymore.

Progress!

I put my motor in the axle and made motor cover from lexan. I will get a cf one at some point.

It'll protect the new motor on it's first comp.

It's there and I can already notice, that the front axle is reaaaally heavy.

Drag link next. I'll order a titanium one soon as well.

I'm really hoping that the stuff I need will come tomorrow. I cannot wait to get it going!!

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                              • Dec 2013

Today was the time to finish this dude! I wan't it to run!

Holme Hobbies BR-Mini with CC BEC and new pinions for the rig. All I need to finish!

Soldering time!

God I hate this stuff! Luckily I bought myself a new soldering iron. Way better to work with it now.

ESC and BEC ready for some testing!

Oh wait, not yet! The deans connector had to be soldered as well.

Throwing in my new pinion.

Had to unattach the lower link and shock to solder motor wires.

With that done, we're getting closer!

Throw in the receiver and battery and it's ready for it!

Couldn't find a better place for ESC and BEC.

Tested it without connecting the BEC first to bind and making adjustments for ESC. All went well. Then I connected the BEC wire to receiver. After giant spark fronm the deans connectors and a huuuuuge amount of smoke coming from the ESC I checked the wires. DAAAAARN, I forgot to take red wire off from ESC wire which goes to receiver.
                              Job well done idiot!!

Well fortunately my brother had a spare Castle Creations Mico Sidewinder and I had a spare CC BEC. Time to get soldering again.

BEC new from package.

ESC soldered, time to adjust it to the radio.

Job done. Electronic pack version 2 of the day. (Good practise this btw...)

With that done, I remembered to move the red wire this time. Everything is now working. Thank god!

Tires attached.

All seems to be there. Time to test it out!

Well first it would be better to attach the electronic pack with zip ties.

Hmmm.... Still missing something...

THE lid!

Fantastic training ground is yelling at me!

First drive with this thing! Oh dear lord the sound of that thing is awful! Josh was right about that. It goes pretty good and nothing burned or came loose.

I'm happy with it so far.

Attaching the electronics better for the indoor comp next weekend.

Suspension still clears.

Would be ready for some more testing if I find some dry rocks during the weekend.

Almost forgot to put the motor cover back on. Eddie will be furious if he sees a crack in that Nexus can.

God almighty!! It's light as a leaf! I'm stunned if that reading. In pounds that's like 0.0003.

Good day behind in the garage. Will continue on working and fine tuning it during the next week!

Comment

• Zarizi Tech
                                • Dec 2013

First time outdoors today!

We found a place where there was still some rocks, which weren't covered in snow.

Me and my brother drove there few batteries.

Everything was working and nothing broke during the two batteries I ran.

This is a really beatiful spot to drive on in summer. We will be comping there on august.

Steering seems to be way better, than in my old shafty.

That body looks even more amazing outdoors!

Wallpaper material!

I noticed that the upper link mounts are touching the body while the chassis goes from up to down. I don't wanna screw the body, but I may have come with a solution to that. On the next update you'll see.

Kai-modosu has been set free. There's no coming back from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X