stripped axel pinion/ drive shaft set screw...tried to remove now am really screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoodlum86
    • Oct 2015

stripped axel pinion/ drive shaft set screw...tried to remove now am really screwed

the screw got stuck half way in, wouldnt back out and got stripped....now the piece of shift drive shaft is stuck to the axel pinion and i cannot get it off i have tried everything further screwing myself any help or suggestions?
    Attached Files
  • Rckcrwlr
    Administrator
    • Jul 2005

OK...relax and step away from the dremel. LOL

Now lets go back to what happened...

The pinion stripped in the axle...you went to remove the driveshaft pin and stripped the hex???

What happened then?

Comment

• HARDRIVE
      • Mar 2015

Hmmm!
      What i would do
      Is drill it out
      Use small drill bits
      If you plan an upgrading the driveshaft
      Cut it open with the dremel
      Careful not to cut the other one tho

Comment

• hoodlum86
        • Oct 2015

heres what happened...lol

everythign went in fine, then the shafts came and those went in fine till the last screw with zero force applied it got stuck and wouldnt back out then i got frusterated after it stripped and wouldnt come out so i try to pull it out with pliers that wouldnt work, i am spent a good amount of money and find it a lil shocking that plastic shafts are even in this kit but i digress...i dont give a shit about the shafts anymore they woulda broken right away anyways i just wanna save the pinion and the housing or im looking at another $50 canadian and probly a duty charge...i stand by the ideal this wasnt my fault (in the beginning) there was no way that drive shaft pin was correctly sized all 3 others went in with no problems, there is some issues with quality control on a few pieces here and there
        Last edited by hoodlum86; 10-11-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• HARDRIVE
          • Mar 2015

I believe youre right i have had the same problem with my d110
          2 went in easily other 2 not so easy

What you should of tried
          Unscrewing it while pulling it out

Comment

• hoodlum86
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by HARDRIVE View Post
            I believe youre right i have had the same problem with my d110
            2 went in easily other 2 not so easy

What you should of tried
            Unscrewing it while pulling it out

i did and it was in so snug it stripped right away i refuse to accept this as my fault i have asked for a replacement i mean this kit is $640 canadian and then they charged me $45 duty cause they cant help a guy out and mark it as a gift or promo

this really pisses me off poor quality on that part nd really shocked at the shafts, but the worst is the time, im gunna have wait, make it rain with my wallet and i still am only half built lol probly one of my bigger bad descisions buying this kit very frusterated

Comment

• HARDRIVE
              • Mar 2015

Is this the new tf2 just came out?
              The one with the new body?
              Wants to know if you also have problems with the body

Comment

• hoodlum86
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by HARDRIVE View Post
                Is this the new tf2 just came out?
                The one with the new body?
                Wants to know if you also have problems with the body
                yes i got this thing october 5th and its already screwed, i hope rc4wd offers me some sort of help i am out alot of money and i am very dissatisfied otherwise

havent gotten to the body yet as i wanted to give it alot of customization, my creativity has been rather thwarted by this tho, this will be the last rc4wd product i buy if they dont help i spent the extra money and didnt get an SCX-10 wich is availible here no shipping or duty with a wide range of upgrades unlike the TF2 because rcw4d is SUPPOSTED to be "the best"..
                Last edited by hoodlum86; 10-11-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Racer4Life
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2008

Hello,

Did you email us at [email protected]?

If so, what is your email address so we can locate it.

Looks like this issue will only be solved with drilling out the screw and getting a new driveshaft. If you use a drill bit the same size as the set screw you should have no issue with the pinion.

Please keep in mind we will try our best to help your issue. We are not at fault on stripped screws though. As this is not normally a manufacturers defect. We will do what we can within our power.

Thanks
                  Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X