• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackchallis
    • Apr 2016

Hop skip and a jump Gelande II

Hi All,

I Have a gelande II, going to vent a little... Since i've had the car, its been skipping and hopping, also, the axles were really sloppy, alot of movement, the shock springs were all bent and, shocks were also not seated properly, Tires that came fitted on the car, one of the beads had split, so i had to get new tires..

So, overall a lot of faults, maybe i was the chosen one?

Car type Geland II
    Motor 35t HPI
    Pinion/spur 14/64
    Mtroniks TIO Rock Crawler ESC
    Battery Overlander 3300mah 7.2v Sport Stick Pack (I have 3 of these, same results with all) All have been charged
    Tires RC4WD ZT0054 Interco IROK 1.9 Scale

So, Im wondering, what could be causing the cogging from the parts listed above. could the wheels be a little too large ? I couldn't try the car with the original wheels since they came fubar'd
    Would changing the pinion size be a start?

All the best
  • gregjl
    • Sep 2015

Blackchallis, It sounds like it was built when you got it? If it was maybe it's time for a once over. Grease and loctite everything. And if the pinion was supposed to be shimmed and wasn't that could be something there. You'll get it.

Greg

Comment

• Blackchallis
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by gregjl View Post
      Blackchallis, It sounds like it was built when you got it? If it was maybe it's time for a once over. Grease and loctite everything. And if the pinion was supposed to be shimmed and wasn't that could be something there. You'll get it.

Greg

Hi Gregm

No it was new, I dont think putting loctite on screws will stop it skipping around

Comment

• doo540
        • May 2016

Greg is saying that if the pinion and ring gear are not shimmed correctly, it will cause binding in the drivetrain, leading to your hopping and skipping condition. Also check to see if the drive shafts are binding up.

Comment

Working...
        X