Beast 2 RTR
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TenderFoot

Round #7 was not as bad as recent outings - managed a 2nd place finish, which is always good, but I am now mathematically eliminated from a chance at winning the 2017 Championship. That sucks. I need to step up my game for next year if I want to have a better chance at winning the championship in 2018.

I didn't see any issues that really need addressed. The body repair held. I can tell the tires and foams are breaking-in. Heck, I've ran this rig less than three hours total all year, current tires and foams less than that. That's not much time to get things properly broken-in. I'll stick with the current set-up for the last round of 2017. The only change I currently foresee during the off-season is (maybe) wheels, simply due to the uneasiness of removing tires and foams. I'd like wheels that are easier to remove the tire from in order to do some foam tuning or tire changes, if needed, without removing all those scale screws each time. Other things may come up, but I like the way this rig performs currently.

I still need to do a complete once-over to see if anything needs work before Round #8. My initial quick look-see didn't reveal any carnage.

Here are a few photos from Round #7:

<>< | MEAN STREAK | agent ORANGE | TenderFoot | plan B | RAFFLE-1 | pROCKtor

Great to see your doing comps. Guess maybe more practice time, practice never hurt right? Better luck next year hopefully. Sounds like you still did pretty good. I'm dying to get my truck up by summer 2018.

Thanks.

I agree, practice is crucial to keeping sharp. I keep telling the guy leading our series that he crawls all the time, and it shows in the comps. Trigger time is very important, especially on a new rig.

So, I finished the 2017 Series tied for 3rd. Not bad, but should have done better.

I have things I need to work on in both my driving and this rig. Plans are to campaign this rig again for 2018; so, I need to address a few issues before then.

Wheels & tires & foams... they are already off this rig and onto another. I really like the combo of the TSS wheels with the RC4WD Duratrac tires and the CI foams, but I feel I incurred points due to my tire/foam choice. To keep the great looks, I put them on another rig. I have new wheels for this rig, and a couple of choices for tires. Once I decide on the tires, then foam tuning will begin. More on that in later posts, in later weeks.

Another issue was the little bumper between the front leaf spring mounts. That needs to go; it has incurred a few penalty points on its own. It serves a purpose, but it will need to go which will cause a few other things to be changed to compensate. The winch placement will need to be reviewed. Some pondering on a 3-link set-up will take place. And, some trimming of bits to make larger tires fit will be reviewed (all while keeping with-in the SORRCA C1 rules, of course).

So, I have several things to think about and a few things to do before 2018 rolls around. It was a fun 2017 series, and I learned a few tings along the way. That's the point, right? To get better, and/or improve?

Here is a memory from Round #8:

Oh, yeah. I need to paint the driver. He's looking a little pale. lmao

Well don't kick yourself down, sounds like you did really good placing 3rd. We all learn from our mistakes and turn around to make improvements. Now you have time to improve on your rig for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Well don't kick yourself down, sounds like you did really good placing 3rd. We all learn from our mistakes and turn around to make improvements. Now you have time to improve on your rig for next year.
    Thanks. 3rd place is good; I don't want to discount that.

I want to get the truck to a point where I have nothing to blame for a bad performance but my driving. Some money and some time should fix those issues. Practice would fix my driving, of which I have very little time to do.

Win or lose, it's fun to play.