Gelande 18th

Thread: Trail finder 2 or Gelande D90

Default Trail finder 2 or Gelande D90

Good day RC people

I am new to the RC world, i have done some home work on choice of RC vehicles, the two models i am looking for is either the Trail finder 2 or the D90 and the scale is awsome.
    Can you please help me to decide pro and cons on both Trail finder and D90.

this will be much appreciated.

Welcome to the hobby. Well the tf2 is a leaf spring truck and has a 2 speed transmission. The D90 is a 4 link truck with a single speed transmission. I have a tf2 now. I had a D90. Love both the trucks. Either one is a good choice. Depends on your preference on looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceaholic View Post
    Welcome to the hobby. Well the tf2 is a leaf spring truck and has a 2 speed transmission. The D90 is a 4 link truck with a single speed transmission. I have a tf2 now. I had a D90. Love both the trucks. Either one is a good choice. Depends on your preference on looks.
    Raceaholic, thank you for your reply, does the 2 speed transmission realy makes a difference
    when doing trails.

I like 2 speed for playing on the trails. You can get speed to play. But you can gear down for the technical sections. It's not a must for trail running. I do run many scale competitions. I do only use a single speed for comps.

Also keep in mind. A two speed transmission will also require at least a 3 channel radio system. Need an extra servo for the shift linkage.

Hi welcome to the hobby, I currently have 2 x gelande 2 chassis rigs. One a D90 the other the cruiser. I really like this chassis. But I am wanting to get a tf2 very soon.
    If you want any more information on Gelande 2 please message me.

20161229_101244.jpg
    http://www.rc4wdforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4755&d=1394627208

They are both great. I've have/had many of each. Pretty much depends on what body you like more. Personally I'd chose the G2. I have one that's been jumped, rolled, submarined and comped with no issues for over 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by denty444 View Post
    Hi welcome to the hobby, I currently have 2 x gelande 2 chassis rigs. One a D90 the other the cruiser. I really like this chassis. But I am wanting to get a tf2 very soon.
    If you want any more information on Gelande 2 please message me.

20161229_101244.jpg
    They both look good but I prefer the orange one.

Depends of the body you want
    For a Defender or Land Cruiser, go for the G2. For the Blazer or an Hilux, the TF2.

Not even what you want but where you will be going and what your intentions are with the rig.