Gelande 18th
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The JDM Hilux.

Nice dragger

Quote Originally Posted by Troopy View Post
    Looks awesome bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Nice dragger
    Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to getting it caught on a snag and ripping the back bumper off.

Love it love it love it! So many new things i haven't seen before! Cannot wait for my first scale build to get up and running!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

So this is one of the trucks that convinced me to buy my current TF2. Thanks for helping me spend some money.

The front bumper on this truck is exactly what I am looking for. I know this one was custom fabbed, but does anyone know of an aftermarket bumper that is similar? All the units offered that I have been able to unearth have a winch mount and account for the stock bumper, which means they stick out way too far. I have removed the front bumper and lower valance from my truck and need something that tucks up tight to the grill and front fenders.

Someday I may venture out into the world of small scale fab but right now I really do not have the time or materials to pull off a bumper. I am having a hard enough time trying to finish the body.

Thanks in advance.

Tim in Michigan
    TKW75
    RC4WD TF2 & GII Cruiser, ECX Barrage, ECX Temper
    Too many other R/C's to list

Awesome thread !! Really good job on this Hilux !

Quote Originally Posted by tkw75 View Post
    So this is one of the trucks that convinced me to buy my current TF2. Thanks for helping me spend some money.

The front bumper on this truck is exactly what I am looking for. I know this one was custom fabbed, but does anyone know of an aftermarket bumper that is similar? All the units offered that I have been able to unearth have a winch mount and account for the stock bumper, which means they stick out way too far. I have removed the front bumper and lower valance from my truck and need something that tucks up tight to the grill and front fenders.

Someday I may venture out into the world of small scale fab but right now I really do not have the time or materials to pull off a bumper. I am having a hard enough time trying to finish the body.

Thanks in advance.

Tim in Michigan
    You have the new Marlin Crawler front bumper who looks like, with a winch mount :
    http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Marlin-...-2_p_4513.html

Or this one, which is closer to the front grill but without winch mount :
    http://store.rc4wd.com/Tough-Armor-F...10_p_1360.html
    You can fit it on the Tf2 with some adaptations.

You have different bumper mount for the Tf2 who allow your bumper to be on the right level.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Awesome thread !! Really good job on this Hilux !

You have the new Marlin Crawler front bumper who looks like, with a winch mount :
    http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Marlin-...-2_p_4513.html

Or this one, which is closer to the front grill but without winch mount :
    http://store.rc4wd.com/Tough-Armor-F...10_p_1360.html
    You can fit it on the Tf2 with some adaptations.

You have different bumper mount for the Tf2 who allow your bumper to be on the right level.
    Teddy,

I had looked at those previously but the Marlin bumper appears to extend out from the front of the truck a little too much for what I am after. The second one meant for the SCX10 though, that I may have to revisit. Just some custom mounts/brackets and I think it would work.

Thanks!
    TKW75
    RC4WD TF2 & GII Cruiser, ECX Barrage, ECX Temper
    Too many other R/C's to list

Quote Originally Posted by tkw75 View Post
    Teddy,

I had looked at those previously but the Marlin bumper appears to extend out from the front of the truck a little too much for what I am after. The second one meant for the SCX10 though, that I may have to revisit. Just some custom mounts/brackets and I think it would work.

Thanks!
    No problems, you can create your own build thread for more help .