X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1esotericguy
    • Jan 2017

Cruiser Roof pins fix?

Just finished my cruiser kit. Pretty satisfying kit. First time I've ever built a hardbody kit and painted etc. One thing I messed up, is I snapped a few of the locating pins off the roof before I figured out how the roof snapped into place.

Anyone have any tricks to replace those? I bought some styrene tube, but it's too flexible at that diameter. Any tricks? I'm referring to the tiny pins that engage with the holes around the perimeter of the tub to help locate the roof to the tub.
  • Troopy
    • Feb 2016

Hi there bud. Firstly, congratulations on your kit, I trust you're gonna have a lot of fun with it. Please add some pictures of your build. That also happened to me, and this is how I fixed it. In the canopy where the pins used to be, I drilled a 1mm hole about 3mm deep. I used a pedestal drill and a whole lot of caution to ensure accuracy as much as possible. I then clipped normal galvanized binding wire in 5 to 7mm lengths and glued them into the canopy to replace the broken pins. It worked like a charm. Good luck, and remember to be very careful and cautious if you decide to go this route.

Comment

• 1esotericguy
      • Jan 2017

Thanks. I didn't end up trying this yet. No drill press available to me. BTW - can you clarify 'binding wire?' I googled it, and didn't see an obvious hit.

Comment

• 1esotericguy
        • Jan 2017

Cruiser Roof pins fix?

I gave this a shot this afternoon. I used a pin vise that I bought from Amazon along with some micro size drill bits. Drilling the holes was Not too bad. Then, for the inserts I used some body clips that I pushed Into the fresh holes and snipped to length. The body clips were thinner gauge ones from the pro line rubber clip pulls kit.
        Last edited by 1esotericguy; 04-09-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• 2003EDGE
          • Nov 2014

Similar fix. Binding wire and also piano wire are similar.

Was going to suggest the above method that you have already tried.

Have fun and throw up some pics of you out and about with your Cruiser!

Comment

Working...
          X