I bought a second Blazer body with the intention of doing a short bed pickup in Baja style. However I also had, intended for another project, a Loops sidestep deep bed. Having cut the Blazer in two I offered up the sidestep bed and thought mmmmm.
Then in a flurry of activity I started chopping it up and widening it. As I progressed I began to realise there were a number of reasons why is wasn't really suitable but it was by then too late.
Milliput to the rescue, mixed some up and moulded it on to the existing flares.
Much sanding later.
It's all a bit bunched up at the mo as I need to push out the wheelbase a bit but so for so good.
I'm loosely basing it on this:-
Back of the cab glued and sanded, window aperture cut and some detailing added. I've also moved the rear axles back a bit to better line up with the rear arches.
Ironically on the Stepsides prepared for some of the off road events I've been looking at the actual step of the stepside is removed and the rear arches seem to have been trimmed at the bottom, presumably to give better clearance. I sanded the bottom of the arches some more but kind of regret now as they look a bit long and thin but hey ho.
Primed and ready.
First lick of paint. I've also cut down a front bumper I had to more suit the Baja style.