• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcnbenson
    • Jun 2016

Parts help

Hi all.
    Was out having some fun today and obviously went a bit hard.
    Not a lot of support in my neck of the woods. Was hoping someone might know which parts i need to order from RC4WD

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
  • rcnbenson
    • Jun 2016

Comment

• rcnbenson
      • Jun 2016

In short. Driveline is moving, rear axles not turning

Comment

• Troopy
        • Feb 2016

Hi Buddy. My first suggestion would be to just check if the set screw did not go missing. It happened to me once, and I did not check the obvious. If not that, I would suggest you take the axle out, and open it up. That will show you exactly what are the parts that needs to be replaced. Just an easy tip, if you haven't done this before, take pictures with your phone as you strip the axle down.

Good luck.

Comment

• rcnbenson
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Troopy View Post
          Hi Buddy. My first suggestion would be to just check if the set screw did not go missing. It happened to me once, and I did not check the obvious. If not that, I would suggest you take the axle out, and open it up. That will show you exactly what are the parts that needs to be replaced. Just an easy tip, if you haven't done this before, take pictures with your phone as you strip the axle down.

Good luck.
          Set screw on the input shaft of the diff?

Never taken one apart so dont know what im getting into. Assume i should have grease on hand for rebuilding, and will definitely be taking photos.

Comment

• Troopy
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by rcnbenson View Post
            Set screw on the input shaft of the diff?

Never taken one apart so dont know what im getting into. Assume i should have grease on hand for rebuilding, and will definitely be taking photos.

Yip that's the one. Taking the axle apart really isn't that complicated. Just make sure not to damage or strip any threads of any cap screws, or for that matter in the axle housing. That will be a huge frustration.

Here is a link of typically what the axles look like inside, and what you can expect to find. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X