Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25aniv
    • Apr 2017

I'd like to take a moment and send a big thumbs up to Skyler & Lam at RC4WD. Over the course of this build I lost a couple of the non flanged acorn nuts that go on the dually hubs. Since I can't find these anywhere I reached out to the company and these two really looked after me! Sent me out some replacements and kept this truck rolling....literally!

Thanks much!!

Comment

• Teddy
      Team Driver
      • May 2017

Really nice build.. This trucks will look so awesome.
      Keep going !!

Comment

• 25aniv
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
        Really nice build.. This trucks will look so awesome.
        Keep going !!
        Thank you! I have to finish it. If for nothing but my own pride, lol!

Comment

• 25aniv
          • Apr 2017

2-tone! Never had a truck with this much blue on it before but it's the color combo I had in mind from the start. The interior will be a variation of these colors most of which is built. Going to leave it sit a few days then I'll start into much needed sanding and buffing to get it looking half decent. Looking more like progress since it now has color but still quite a ways to go when I check the to-do list! Along the way I have created a few assembly hurdles for myself that'll most certainly take some head scratching to figure out though hopefully not too much as I don't need to lose anymore hair!

Blazer 066.jpg

Comment

• Rickleo
            • Nov 2015

Well done. Love the color choice for the two tone. Ole Blue looking good!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 25aniv
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Rickleo View Post
              Well done. Love the color choice for the two tone. Ole Blue looking good!

Thank you Sir! "Ole Blue" appreciates the compliments

Comment

• MudMadeRC
                • Oct 2017

This may have sparked on heck of a project for the winter... what chassis are you using?

Comment

• 25aniv
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by MudMadeRC View Post
                  This may have sparked on heck of a project for the winter... what chassis are you using?
                  I'm using the GCM CMAX chassis under this one. Originally I was going to use the TF2 chassis but decided to save that one for another day. My last two builds (Blazer half cab & SWB Jeep) were all TF2 underneath as will be the next one once this dually is finished and gone.
                  TFs005.jpg

Comment

• 25aniv
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by MudMadeRC View Post
                    I'll get you a pic of the chassis tonight when I get home.

Comment

• 25aniv
                      • Apr 2017

Here's the CMAX frame under the dually. The basic GCM frame/crossmember kit just extended to make the wheelbase work. Still have some finish work to do on it but getting close.

frame.jpg

Comment

• 25aniv
                        • Apr 2017

Not so much to report, was hoping to be further along at this point. Had an issue with my LED light controller but good news is the replacement is supposed to arrive early this week. Can't get any of the interior in until I can get the roofs lights installed.
                        Did spend some time practicing with my Molotow chrome paint pens and I have to say...I love these!! So simple to work with and a great finish. I tried them on a few different textures but they definitely prefer as smooth a surface as possible. Got comfortable quickly and took to the body trim. Turned out looking presentable on the left side of the body and tailgate. I know the clearance lights on the tailgate are a little large but hopefully once in context with the rest of the truck they tone down a bit. Also the licence plates are being redone in a larger size to better fit the huge area on the Blazer bumpers.

I have both yellow and clear lenses for the push bar lights. On the fence about which ones to go with so I'll let it sit a while longer without either until I decide. The truck looks very 70's with the yellow fog light lenses in place but also very clean with the clears.
                        With any luck the interior will be in by the end of the week and then the cab at least should be mounted for the last time. Have some small touch up work to do on the box before it gets trimmed and mounted but I think after all this time I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Blazer 070.jpgBlazer 071.jpgBlazer 072.jpg

Comment

• Rickleo
                          • Nov 2015

Ok this has officially become my favorite build. That body is amazing! Your eye for detail is on point. I love the brush guard, it fits the overall look perfectly. Where did you get the roof lights? Been looking for some for my dually. They look awesome.....
                          Thanks for turning rc into art. Can't wait til I reach your level.

Comment

• 25aniv
                            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Rickleo View Post
                            Ok this has officially become my favorite build. That body is amazing! Your eye for detail is on point. I love the brush guard, it fits the overall look perfectly. Where did you get the roof lights? Been looking for some for my dually. They look awesome.....
                            Thanks for turning rc into art. Can't wait til I reach your level.

Thank you Sir! I am honored this is your favorite build
                            The brush guard is the RC4WD piece and the two lights are old Outback aluminum pieces I had in a parts drawer forever. The roof lights are from the Tamiya Tundra kit. They look a little different when the chrome is stripped off them and painted black. I used 5 "coats" of orange Sharpie inside and out to tint the lenses. Harry (known as Bullitt on the forums) put me onto using the Sharpies for lenses and I haven't gone back to paint!
                            No worries, you'll get there. I started like everyone else...just kept building and trying different techniques until I found a series of methods I was really comfortable with. Just keep learning and trying new things. I'm constantly amazed at builds going on over multiple forums and can always learn something new to try from them!

Have you got anymore plans for your dually?

Comment

• Rickleo
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by 25aniv View Post
                              Thank you Sir! I am honored this is your favorite build
                              The brush guard is the RC4WD piece and the two lights are old Outback aluminum pieces I had in a parts drawer forever. The roof lights are from the Tamiya Tundra kit. They look a little different when the chrome is stripped off them and painted black. I used 5 "coats" of orange Sharpie inside and out to tint the lenses. Harry (known as Bullitt on the forums) put me onto using the Sharpies for lenses and I haven't gone back to paint!
                              No worries, you'll get there. I started like everyone else...just kept building and trying different techniques until I found a series of methods I was really comfortable with. Just keep learning and trying new things. I'm constantly amazed at builds going on over multiple forums and can always learn something new to try from them!

Have you got anymore plans for your dually?
                              My plans are forever changing. First it was going to be a military theme build, but now that I've ditched the extended TF2 chassis and tried my hand at building my own it's taken on an old backyard built truck theme. Check out my build and give me your honest thoughts and opinions. It would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for allowing us to watch you build this super clean Chevy dually.

Comment

• FREEDOM83
                                • Jul 2013

Nice work on this body !! Yeah !!
                                http://euskoscalecrawler.foroactivo.com/forum

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X