Beast 2 RTR
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ::Gagak Rimang:: SKUNKWORKS - RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Here's a little taste of things to come.

As from the previous post, this is a full 'aerial' view of the rust I did on the back cab.

The front and rear bumpers have been installed too. I particularly love the minimalist look of the sliders and bumpers.

Lights were installed. I used the Tamiya White Halogen leds to mimic an authentic 80s look.

This is Amanda's first time meeting Skunkworks. She'll be the driver as soon as I have the interior done.

Here are some pics I have taken while bringing Skunkworks out for trails in different surfaces: Tarmac, Soil and Grass.

Notice how minimalistic the rear bumper looks? I love it!

Moving forward, I have decided to convert to a fully linked setup with 90mm King Shocks front and rear. Progress is stalled because it seems that they have run out of stock on the items.

Here is a 3 month look ahead plan:
    1) Suspension upgrade
    2) Wheel and tires upgrade
    3) Full body change

I have decided that the current body will be replaced and will be looking to sell this body if anyone is interested. (sometime in August though)

In other news, currently I have a baby girl which is due anytime now! I am going to be an excited father of a 3 year old son and now a daughter. I come from of a family where all my parents kids are boys so it should be interesting having a baby girl in the house.

That is the reason for the 3 month look ahead. Gotta plan them finances yo!

Till then, Gagak Rimang out!

Thumbs up

Brilliant job!! Great attention to detail, sir! 👌👌

Quote Originally Posted by Gagak Rimang View Post
    As from the previous post, this is a full 'aerial' view of the rust I did on the back cab.

The front and rear bumpers have been installed too. I particularly love the minimalist look of the sliders and bumpers.

Lights were installed. I used the Tamiya White Halogen leds to mimic an authentic 80s look.

This is Amanda's first time meeting Skunkworks. She'll be the driver as soon as I have the interior done.

Here are some pics I have taken while bringing Skunkworks out for trails in different surfaces: Tarmac, Soil and Grass.

Notice how minimalistic the rear bumper looks? I love it!

Moving forward, I have decided to convert to a fully linked setup with 90mm King Shocks front and rear. Progress is stalled because it seems that they have run out of stock on the items.

Here is a 3 month look ahead plan:
    1) Suspension upgrade
    2) Wheel and tires upgrade
    3) Full body change

I have decided that the current body will be replaced and will be looking to sell this body if anyone is interested. (sometime in August though)

In other news, currently I have a baby girl which is due anytime now! I am going to be an excited father of a 3 year old son and now a daughter. I come from of a family where all my parents kids are boys so it should be interesting having a baby girl in the house.

That is the reason for the 3 month look ahead. Gotta plan them finances yo!

Till then, Gagak Rimang out!
    I'm interested in the body

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very nice Thread !
    Plenty of nice pictures.... the rust you create look really great

As promised, I'm back! Since the last post, the RC hobby had taken a back seat. Down, yes. But not out yo!

I followed my plan of doing the suspension upgrade but swapped #2 and #3 (see post above).

I have since:
    Upgraded to RC4WD 90mm King Shocks all around

Extended Skunkworks's wheelbase to 313mm using the LWB conversion kit by Boom Racing.

With those things out of the way, I then proceeded to
    buy the new RC4WD MOJAVE II FOUR DOOR COMPLETE INTERIOR W/METAL DETAILS set...

and also acquired a new Mojave 4 door Body Set.

So hopefully, with all these things in my hands, I will be posting more regular updates.

Remember guys and gals, Skunkworks is not a project I intend to finish in 2 weeks or a month. It has been 6 months since Skunkworks started and she is far from finished!

Slow and steadyyyyyyy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got all the colours needed to paint SKUNKWORKS. I exclusively use Tamiya paint as I have always gotten excellent results from them.

Got to work on the interior.

Going for the two toned look

And here is a mockup.

All that's left is to paint in the details and the metal details.

Anyway, I need opinions from you guys! Do I leave it looking new or should I weather the interior?

Wow man, that looks pretty nice. I would weather the interior just a little, to make it time correct, but still look as if was very well looked after.

Awesome interior !
    I didn't imagine that the 4 doors interior was so detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopy View Post
    Wow man, that looks pretty nice. I would weather the interior just a little, to make it time correct, but still look as if was very well looked after.
    Thanks Troopy! I've taken feedback and decided to weather it just slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Awesome interior !
    I didn't imagine that the 4 doors interior was so detailed.
    The step up from previous dashboards are great! A little patience, time and effort into painting these and it goes a long way!

So I have finally finished the interior! It took awhile but it was all worth it! Took the feedback that was thrown in and decided to weather it just slightly. intended), I will put in a driver.
    Next up, with some plastic surgery (pun

Meanwhile, here is a sneak peek!

It's looking really good. Love the interior job you did. Keep posting the good pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    It's looking really good. Love the interior job you did. Keep posting the good pictures.
    Thank you Levi!

It's really encouraging to know that someone out there is appreciating the work i put into it. Definitely motivates me to continue with the build!

Hey bud, that really looks nice. I think your latest pics are more teasers that peaks. I can't wait to see the final product.

With the interior done, it's time to tackle the body.

Originally wanted to keep the silver colour of the original SKUNKWORKS but the son insisted that it be yellow.

Planned to keep it looking like a brand new truck. I must have blacked out because the back cab ended up looking like this.

So after about 6 months alot of staying up till 4am, SKUNKWORKS is finally a roller!

I am properly proud of this one! But she is far from finished though. Still in the list:
    Wheels & tires
    Lighting kit
    Sound module
    Rollbar
    Scale accesories for the back bed

Hopefully I'll have the time to take her out for a proper outdoor photoshoot. Meanwhile, here are some garage shots!

Let me know what you think!

Looks like your dedicated for sure staying up till 4am to build. At that time of night when I get home that's the last thing I want to do after I get off from work, unfortunately. It's looking good for sure. I like the bumper with the skid plate, looks like the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Looks like your dedicated for sure staying up till 4am to build. At that time of night when I get home that's the last thing I want to do after I get off from work, unfortunately. It's looking good for sure. I like the bumper with the skid plate, looks like the real thing.
    Unfortunately, I can only start working on it after my 2 kids go to sleep. Over here in Singapore, we don't have the luxury of a garage or a dedicated workspace to isolate ourselves without distractions thus the late hours.

By the way, if you guys like what you are seeing/reading please show your support and drop a like on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gagakrimangsg

I have 2 more builds that I have in mind in the future. So stay tuned!

Thanks!