Bully 2

Thread: Raffle-1

Default Raffle-1

introducing....

RAFFLE-1

I attended the RC4WD “Tuckaleechee Trail” RECON G6 at RRW Krawlzone - TN this past weekend, and I was lucky enough to come home with an extra box.

Lucky number 9810963.

A big thanks to RC4WD and RECON G6 for the great prize - RC4WD Gelande II RTR Truck Kit w/Cruiser Body Set.

As you can see I removed the rig from the box to give it a quick look-over.

First impression was that the color is not as orange as depicted on the box. Not really orange at all. More along the line of tan/beige with a tinge of olive. It's one of those colors that mimics the FJ40 factory colors of years past. I like it.

First thing I had to do was add some RECON G6 decals because without attending a RECON G6, I wouldn't have this rig. I'm sure I'll add more decals...

I had some trouble removing the body from the chassis. Come to find out, the chassis mount (that the body pins to) was rotated slightly binding the post against the mount. Simple fix.

I was excited to plug in a battery and drive this thing around, but forgot about plug on the ESC - it's doesn't match my batteries. So, the fun will have to wait until the plug can be changed to match my batteries.

I noticed the slipper nut looked a little loose for my liking. I'll tighten that up some before running it.

I'll change the wheels to a six-lug wheel to keep with Toyota's style.

Other than those few things, I plan to approach this "build" as a first-timer - someone new to the RTR world (which this is my first RTR rig). I'll do a once-over to check things before running it, but as far as modifying, I want to keep it simple and upgrade as needed. I know there is a list of things folks change, but I want to see what works and doesn't work before changing things up.

A few more photos:

<>< | MEAN STREAK | agent ORANGE | TenderFoot | plan B | RAFFLE-1

I had a couple chances to work on this rig some in the last few weeks. I received the plug for the ESC to battery connection, and a lipo alarm (due to the ESC not having lipo cutoff).

I changed to some 6 Lug Wagon 1.9" Steel Stamped Beadlock Wheels (White) to get closer to a true Toyota 6-lug wheel that may have been used back in the day. I kept the Dirt Grabber 1.9" All Terrain Tires. I vented the tires because that's what I like. I'm sure new foams (or maybe new tires) will be needed soon enough.

I added an RC4WD 1/10 Warn 9.5cti Winch for those times when some assistance will be needed. I also got a customized plate for the front, and registered with the state for a vanity plate with the winning ticket numbers. Wait, it's already expired! (The month and year are when I won this rig.)

I did run the rig around the house for a few minutes. It worked as expected. From that few minutes, I can tell there are things I need to adjust or address. I want to get some time on trails and/or rocks before I start doing major mods or changes.

I have a few things on the short list, but I am putting this rig aside for a bit; so, I can concentrate on the rigs I compete with in our SORRCA events.

<>< | MEAN STREAK | agent ORANGE | TenderFoot | plan B | RAFFLE-1