X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gagak Rimang
    • Mar 2017

::Gagak Rimang:: Scale Garage

Many other threads spawned from overwhelming requests asking the person responsible to give a more detailed look into their builds.

I shall blaze the trail and go where no one has gone before: starting a thread with absolutely zero requests.

Take this as an online journal if you will on how I build and develop my scale garage.

Do note that I have absolutely no experience building dioramas.

Here we go!

I start off with a few pieces of plywood. The garage that I have in mind measures 100cm x 60cm x 40cm and will be an American themed garage; if there is even such a thing.

Pasted MDF boards over the plywood and added some pieces of craftwood as supports.

Did a bit of research online and learnt that a lot of prep has to be taken to paint MDF for it turn out right so I decided to just paste some grey vinyl stickers to mimic a concrete floor.

This is what I ended up with

Similar to my SKUNKWORKS build linked below,

this will be a long term project and I do no intend to complete it within weeks.

So, subscribe to follow and guide me on my journey as I develop my scale garage!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    sigpic
  • Teddy
    Team Driver
    • May 2017

Nice start !

Comment

• Gagak Rimang
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
      Nice start !
      Thank you!

sigpic

Comment

• Gagak Rimang
        • Mar 2017

Found a local guy selling scale accessories like the oil drum, fore extinguisher and shackles at affordable prices.

Weathered up the oil drum.

The work bench looks a bit messy now but at least it's starting to take shape.

I have some windows on the way and will start hacking up the walls to fit them in.

Stay tuned!

sigpic

Comment

• Gagak Rimang
          • Mar 2017

A small 1:1 package came in last night.

Ahhhh, windows! Finally some ventilation for the garage! At least now, Amanda won't be claustrophobic and sweating while working on the trucks.

After a little bit of drilling and hacking and sanding, a window is fitted.

Managed to fit only one for now since it was already late by the time this was done.

Will take a pic of the entire garage once I fit the remaining 2.

Next in line? Electrical cable routing and outlets. Because nobody likes working in the dark.

sigpic

Comment

• Gagak Rimang
            • Mar 2017

With a bit of spare time in my hands, I managed to fit the rest of the 2 windows.

Did a search and found an awesome image of a sunset with trees. Printed it on 4x6 inch photograph paper. These will go onto the garage. Can you tell what it's for? Nope, they're not posters.

They're for the windows! I wanted to hide the ugliness that's behind the windows from showing through. Adds a little bit of realism with minimum effort!

So here's how the scale garage looks like now.

Do you notice the white piping that runs at the top? Any guesses what it's for?

Till the next update!

sigpic

Comment

• Gagak Rimang
              • Mar 2017

Amanda needs some help around the shop. She put an ad up on Craigslist for a mechanic and Bishop responded.

After confirming he is not a creep, we now have a new mechanic in the shop.

If the truck doesn't run, it's Bishops fault!

sigpic

Comment

• Gagak Rimang
                • Mar 2017

So while waiting for pay day to order more stuff for SKUNKWORKS, I did some small fun DIY projects.

Wooden palette

Because oil drums shouldn't be placed directly on the floor.

Pegboard
                Yes, those holes, all 520 of them, were individually drilled.

Bishop couldn't stand the mess and decided to install a pegboard to organise his tools.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X