Blazer

Thread: Harley Davidson TF2 K5 Blazer Build

Default Harley Davidson TF2 K5 Blazer Build

I have been tinkering with a TF2 kit, originally had the Yota body but I sold it to fund a Blazer body. This is my first build (so bear with me) and I will be doing a Harley theme to it. I am running the 2 speed trans with an RC4WD 35t motor and the stock axles. Electronics wise I'm using a Hobbywing waterproof ESC, 2 Hitec 646 servos, a Venom 2s LiPo and a RC4WD 4 channel receiver. Here is where it is now, I will be running all of my wires soon and i am looking for advice on what works best. I'm also taking suggestions for wheel and tire setups along with any other mods. I'm searching for a good place for an easy change on the battery as well.Add a picture of any suggestions if possible and enjoy the show.
    20171103_143146.jpg20171103_143154.jpg
    20171103_142909.jpg20171103_143031.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

This looks like it's going to be a nice build. Couple of questions. Are you going for a stock look or aftermarket? And are you going to be using 1.55 or 1.9 wheels and tires?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking a good mix of both and I like whats on it now because they aren't too much or too little. I am open to having multiple wheel set ups.

It also depends on your budget. Some wheel and tire combos can get really expensive. When I do another Chevy build I want to get 1.55 Gearhead Slot Mags and 1.55 Rc4wd Rock Stompers. I think the Slot Mags look good on Chevys. I'm using the Rock Stompers on the Chevy I'm building now and I like them. I have them stretched on 1.7 Lesu semi wheels.

those or the dick cepek replicas are what I like but they may wait for when I build a K20 that'll be a shelf queen.

A K20-30 is what I was planning on building next. I'm building a crew cab dually right now. Can't decide if the next one is going to be a crew cab also or a regular cab.

Last edited by Rickleo; 11-06-2017 at 03:34 PM.

wow what a great truck!

This is where I am currently, did a rough paint job in a buddy's poorly lit garage. Not sure where to use the logos input on which looks better is welcomed. there is a silver pin stripe going between the black and orange also.
    20171106_145732.jpg20171106_145739.jpg

I like where you have it in the first pic. Over the rear wheels. The color combo looks great. I think these wheels would look great with the color, decal, and style of your truck. This is going to be an awesome rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickleo View Post
    I like where you have it in the first pic. Over the rear wheels. The color combo looks great. I think these wheels would look great with the color, decal, and style of your truck. This is going to be an awesome rig.

I agree! They aren't cheap though haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow when I seen them I didn't even look at the price. $163.99!!! They are expensive.

I'm thinking about one of these because they are an affordable aftermarket look until I cave in and buy the chevy rally replicas.

Either one of those would look good. Especially with some scale hubs.

Stripe is done but I'm realizing that the paint will need redone sometime soon otherwise I will lose my mind because I'm OCD. More to come

having issues with my servos humming and the shifting servo getting hot, any guidance will be appreciated