X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tnx1rc
    • Sep 2017

Mitsubishi Pajunko

Project Mitsubishi Pajunko! This is my first time trying to paint a rust and weathered effect! Not sure what to make of it! Any tips on painting a rust effect? Thanks!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
  • SHO Rod
    • Feb 2013

I've never done this effect personally, but the time I saw it done most impressively, the painter started with a base coat of the rust color, then painted the "normal" color or colors over that. When dry, the areas that would receive hard sun and weather were sanded until the desired amount of rust and weather showed through. This was more for the look of a car that's been sitting in a field for several years versus a vehicle that's been driven in the rust belt and rusting from the underside out.

-Rod

Comment

• tnx1rc
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by SHO Rod View Post
      I've never done this effect personally, but the time I saw it done most impressively, the painter started with a base coat of the rust color, then painted the "normal" color or colors over that. When dry, the areas that would receive hard sun and weather were sanded until the desired amount of rust and weather showed through. This was more for the look of a car that's been sitting in a field for several years versus a vehicle that's been driven in the rust belt and rusting from the underside out.

-Rod
      Thanks!!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X