RTR0030

Thread: New to the hobby what to get

Default New to the hobby what to get

I'm new to the hobby and I'm looking to purchase my first RC vehicle. I'm looking at the three Gelande 2's, the D110, D90 or the Toyota Land Cruiser. The one I'm leaning toward is the D110. Here's my minor dilemma I own a real FJ 40 Land Cruiser, but the one here say's 1/10th scale, but it looks out of proportion (large) compared to the D110 and D90 1/10th scale. The beauty of the D90 is I can always get a Land Cruiser body for it, but I really like the D110. My only concern with the D110 is the size and trail riding. I'm looking for your experiences and opinions on these. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    I'm new to the hobby and I'm looking to purchase my first RC vehicle. I'm looking at the three Gelande 2's, the D110, D90 or the Toyota Land Cruiser. The one I'm leaning toward is the D110. Here's my minor dilemma I own a real FJ 40 Land Cruiser, but the one here say's 1/10th scale, but it looks out of proportion (large) compared to the D110 and D90 1/10th scale. The beauty of the D90 is I can always get a Land Cruiser body for it, but I really like the D110. My only concern with the D110 is the size and trail riding. I'm looking for your experiences and opinions on these. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Hi and welcome in this passionating hobby !!

In my opinion, if you own a real FJ, go with the Cruiser.
    I'm building one and this is the bestest Land Cruiser 1st generation scale body you can purchase on the market, with no hesitations.

Wath ever, for my part, i own a real D110, so how could i said to not chose this one lol ?!

Start with the body who tempts you right now, later you can do the other one.
    You'll see, scale trucking is addictive !

Thanks, On a local RC web site I'm being urged to go with Axial if I want something to trail ride/rock crawl. I'm being told these don't wheel so well. I'm so new I'm clueless. More opinions please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    Thanks, On a local RC web site I'm being urged to go with Axial if I want something to trail ride/rock crawl. I'm being told these don't wheel so well. I'm so new I'm clueless. More opinions please. Thanks
    Typically you have a bit smaller tires on RC4WD cars to look more scale - in my opinion the only reason why an Axial might work better offroad.
    And it is so fun to show em how far you can go with clever driving and small tires.