Thread: Locktight for RTR D110?

Post Locktight for RTR D110?

Hi I'm brand new to the hobby. My Gelande II D110 LWB RTR is in the mail and should be here by weeks end!! I have read that I will need to spend some time and unscrew everything and put the screws back in with locktight. Will I really need to do this to everything? I definitely don't want to loose any screws since I am getting the RTR and probably wouldn't notice until it is too late.

Also is there anything else I should pay close attention to before my first run?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance!

Hi !
    Welcome in this fantastic hobby !

Yes ! It's important to check the screws before your first run. You just have to unscrew, add blue locktight and rescrew.
    Especially the screws who hold the knuckles, all M3 screws who hold pieces on the frames. Not necessar on M2 screws, except the "no heads" screws on the driveshaft on the one who hold your motor pinion in place.

Thanks for the tip! Are all of the HEX screws metric or do I need to invest in a nice Imperial set as well?

Quote Originally Posted by D110fan View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Are all of the HEX screws metric or do I need to invest in a nice Imperial set as well?
    With a set like this one, you are ready to start for the screwdrivers :
    https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Standa...et_p_2117.html