Warn 8275
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you want to see for trail finder.

Default Things you want to see for trail finder.

Please post ideas and thoughts that you might have about this chassis here. we will take a look into them and see what can be done about it. weather it is improving and or a new product idea.
    Thanks

scale sized shocks/ shocks that work without a lot of modding

like these

scale cut-to-fit front wheel wells.... and mounts

Wink

Mount for Hi Lift push bar onto chassis., Also include rear body mounts like front so we could use alum spacers to raise mounts to fit f-350 body, anotherwords drop the current rear body mounts and use current slots to screw rear body posts down like current front style. Just a thought.
    New Trailfinder

there are some ways to make your own body mounts i took screws and placed them in those slots and then used some spacers to get my tail end to the right height, poked a few holes and used some washers and nuts to hold it together and so far no problem. i will take some pics of it later.

Pics would be much appreciated.
    New Trailfinder

hi

well, i think the back shock mount should be completely improved and made more scalish, as i did on my chassis. 1:1 cars almost never have upright shocks on the back axle. like that, the shock mounts don't 'destroy' the bed...

regards

sascha from team energy switzerland

www.team-energy.ch

3 link-setup has to be redesigned as well.

1. as you can see on the pics, with the steering servo mounted as seen on the pics, the suspension way is less than 10 mm

2. the link mounts are on the wrong place, too large. no possibility to assemble a gear reduction

take it as an input and not as a critique
    regards

www.team-energy.ch

Quote Originally Posted by team-energy View Post
    hi

well, i think the back shock mount should be completely improved and made more scalish, as i did on my chassis. 1:1 cars almost never have upright shocks on the back axle. like that, the shock mounts don't 'destroy' the bed...

most 1:1's would not lay the shock down to the point that is ineffective either like you have done with that set up on a 1:1 it would be a pretty bouncy ride..

2. the link mounts are on the wrong place, too large. no possibility to assemble a gear reduction

take it as an input and not as a critique
    would you still have clearance issue's on the motor with a standard 540 sized motor?

Quote Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
    most 1:1's would not lay the shock down to the point that is ineffective either like you have done with that set up on a 1:1 it would be a pretty bouncy ride..
    hi

thanks for your input...

take a look at the 1:1 hilux, defenders, fords, dodge rams and all others. you'll see that none of them has the shocks upright, they're all in a 45? angle

--> small edit: only cars with bed have the angles

Quote Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
    would you still have clearance issue's on the motor with a standard 540 sized motor?
    yes, standard sized, even with the short crawler motor you can't mount a gear reduction
    Last edited by team-energy; 10-06-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    regards

www.team-energy.ch

Quote Originally Posted by scubadaveojr View Post
    some thing to look into thanks for the suggestions. we will talk about the three link set up.

some solution proposal:

mount the servo on the upper links. works perfectly, servo mount doesn't move at all. full articulation, steering works great

regards

www.team-energy.ch

Make bracket and mount it in the frame rails . I dont see how the servo doesnt move around sitting on the 3 link. Lets see a flex shot like you have it.

I can see the issue on both the motor and the servo. I only have the leaf setup. I may try and get a 3 link and see what we can come up with.

As always keep the good idea's flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by scubadaveojr View Post
    the only problem i see with that. is when the suspension moves the steering will follow with it. but that is an idea to it.
    steering moves much more less with this setup than with the servo mounted on the chassis. there's the same problem. just tried it out, can't upload a movie actually but will do ASAP
    regards

www.team-energy.ch

a servo on the axle is not scale

your right most trucks do have shocks at angles many angle into the middle others angle one forward and one backward.. however that is a stock setup those shocks you have mounted sizes wise would be far from a stock shock.. and running a long shock like that I think you will find most of them would indeed come threw the bed.. I think a better setup for articulation would be mounting shocks inboard.. with both shocks facing forward on leaf setup I think you will loose some side to side flex..

steering moves much more less with this setup than with the servo mounted on the chassis. there's the same problem. just tried it out, can't upload a movie actually but will do ASAP
    I used a spring on my servo arm link end bolt to solve this. I will try to find a pic....

See the spring?
    Last edited by roborg5000; 10-06-2008 at 03:45 PM.

I mounted the servo upright using servo posts.It moves the servo forward and works fine.

Wink

Any chance of a mount on the front to reverse the leafs?

Skid plate for the trans.

Battery plate with slots for the velcro.Should be able to use any battery size if its just a plate.

The rear body mounts could do with the holes drilled across instead of front to back.Its difficult to get the pins in the Hilux body when theyre front to back.

Chassis mounts for the links on the 3link version could do with having more mounting options to change wheelbase etc.

Step screws for the king pins.

I was thinking,if you made a waterproof box for the rear plate,you could mount new size body posts to the top and have it hinged so the body flips up on a hinge and the lid closes when the body sits back down.

Just a few ideas ive had

I would love to see a warn style winch bumper that mounts to the chassis and will work nicely with the hilux body.. Shackle mounts on it.. etc.. Maybe a tube style scale rear bumper, rock rails.. Those are just a few things Id love to see for this truck!

Can you make a short wheelbase version of trailfinder to fit Pajero , Wrangler YJ and isuzu mu ?