Armaggedon
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you want to see for trail finder.

Hilux-specific body mounts.... (the included ones don't line up)

Shocks included that actually work... (the white scale ones don't work)

removable rear shock mounts (for dropped beds)...

I would like to see a stinger-style tube bumper that will direct-bolt to the trailfinder chassis....

front and rear metal bumpers, and rock sliders that are direct bolt (there are extra holes in the chassis in the right spots already... why not use them?

Last edited by akura2; 11-03-2008 at 09:00 PM.

we can do things like that but you have to look at it like this "are they going to sell after all the work and time they put into making them?"
    i am not shooting the thought down, it is a good one and i know people would not mind see them.... i am thinking this...... send me a pm... we will talk,.
    Thanks

How about a 3 piece landies wheel?
    It could be made in alloy or plastic in the same way as the old Tamiya Sand Scorcher etc wheels were made.
    I love my Landies.I`ve used fast drying silicone to fix them instead of glued,as i really dont wana ruin them if i ever have to replace the tyres.
    I was thinking today that it would be easy to make them in a 3 piece plastic or alloy so the tyre would be clamped.They would still look the same,as the fake bolts that are used on the current alloy versions could be used to hold them together if they were three seperate pieces.

I wouldn't mind seeing some front and rear bumpers too. Metal of course.

I would love to have a three speed tranny like the hilift trucks. with the first gear being a little lower than the R2 and a top gear a little higher than 2nd in the R2. the three speed in the tamyia truck is the only thing about it that i really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheedy View Post
    I would love to have a three speed tranny like the hilift trucks. with the first gear being a little lower than the R2 and a top gear a little higher than 2nd in the R2. the three speed in the tamyia truck is the only thing about it that i really like.
    Did you know this exists ?

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=512

that is some thing that can be hand made but i think that if enough people like them, i think they can be made. also i think that might be cool thing to be sold with the scale winch... not sure what is going on with that any more. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by roborg5000 View Post
    NO, i did not know about those thank you!

NO, i did not know about those thank you!
    No problem A little pricey but i takes a whole day to assemble and has over 100 parts

and that will mount in the trailfinder? do they make a mounting kit of some sort??

and that will mount in the trailfinder? do they make a mounting kit of some sort??
    Im not one to say something wont work. If there is a will there is a way No they dont make specific mounts but, im sure i could make something up to mount it!

Hey All,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss, but since there was some discussion about bumpers, I thought I would share this with you:

I managed to get a CR-01 bumper fitted, it is not scale nor is it perfect, but it is going to save some wear and tear on my bodykit LOL...as you can see, I am beating the life out of this thing, and it has to be said, these things are pretty darn sturdy.

Have a squint at these (you might need to squint, they were taken on my crappy mobile)

some thing like that is cool looking to.. it is cool to post here. this is for people with ideas and things they all want to see... also so every one can get some input.

Wouldnt mind seeing wedge shaped leaf mounts to clock the axles.

cvds for d40 axels

Longer length chassis. Possibly adjustable, Im building a scale Unimog crewcab and I had to lengthen chassis 2", Unfortunatly rc4wd does not make a longer chassis.
    New Trailfinder

that is a thought, but there is a way, i forgot how it is done, i have to see if i cant find the link to it. lol.

Default Servo and 3 link

Quote Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
    I can see the issue on both the motor and the servo. I only have the leaf setup. I may try and get a 3 link and see what we can come up with.

As always keep the good idea's flowing.
    Hi,
    See my pictures in new members.
    I mounted the servo on the 3 link suspension. Works perfect.
    Used 3 link supension for front axle and normal leaf spring for rear axle.
    This way i could use the 4:1 gear reduction.
    I'll post some pictures in a couple days. Trying to finish my truck.