Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Subzero Kit and Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder View Post
    I agree but i have a plan i have a Bully which runs really well ! When i bought it i also bought a spare front axel for four wheel steering. So i have just bought a new front so what i will do is put the sub on bully axels that way ill have something which will work really well and i'll sell off all trex , disrupter ,punisher running gear if i knew then what i know i would have just bought the body..............
    There are a ton of these axles out there. I have not had much issue with them.

If you need a pinion. We have spares. Contact Support.

Default Pinions

Quote Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
    There are a ton of these axles out there. I have not had much issue with them.

If you need a pinion. We have spares. Contact Support.
    Just done it they are sending two tomorrow..Quick service.

Awesome. Is there any such thing as an upgraded pinion available, so the problem does not recur? Hardened steel for example.

Cool Subzero

Would you recommend soldering all the mounts before attaching the radius arms etc?
    I just ordered the SUBZERO and really appreciate all/any of the information given.

Thumbs up Sub Zero

Hi Fella i didnt reply as ive been away , yes i would reinforce the shock mounts before you do your build mine gave way straight away i havent repaired mine as i have been out of time but i will get to it . The magazine race car is doing a sub zero build at the moment and they say they will give tips on how to counter act torque steer and any other little problems so try and get that as it comes out again soon..

Default Kit

Subzero 1/10 Scale Full Metal Chassis Subzero is our most anticipated scale off-road tube chassis, now available in powder coated black! Steel tube chassis Scale steering wheel Scale interior panels Weight: 1713grams/3.77lbs Product number Z-C0021 Retail Price $299.99. This is total kit.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebucknor1 View Post
    Subzero 1/10 Scale Full Metal Chassis Subzero is our most anticipated scale off-road tube chassis, now available in powder coated black! Steel tube chassis Scale steering wheel Scale interior panels Weight: 1713grams/3.77lbs Product number Z-C0021 Retail Price $299.99. This is total kit.
    Chassis only.

Thanks

look at several kits right now, wanting to get the best bang for my buck if you will, and had a couple questions. i have read a couple reviews where several people had some issues with there subzero suspension and or steering, wondering if they were very common or just isolated incidents from user error

Quote Originally Posted by firebird6645 View Post
    look at several kits right now, wanting to get the best bang for my buck if you will, and had a couple questions. i have read a couple reviews where several people had some issues with there subzero suspension and or steering, wondering if they were very common or just isolated incidents from user error
    Have you made your choice? RC4WD Kits are priced quite reasonable, offering a variety of Great BANGS, for the hard-earned bucks.

Having built a number of custom scale rigs, I'd say that getting a good over-all stance depends on a right choice for suspension and positioning the steering servo mount. Scratch built projects can be quite tricky/maybe a bit challenging for 1st timers with limited experience. But it sure would be fun.

Now looking under the Subzero chassis, things look very straight-forward, and easy to build.