Thread: Truck Stand not by the axles!

Default Truck Stand not by the axles!

So whats the point in saving the truck setting on tires when ur springs,shocks take the weight?

I use mini spray paint cans to balance my trucks on(it sucks but noticing gets wear)

Need a stand to hold the center of the truck. axial frames,high lift, & RC4WD

Also makes it easy to work on the axles while they are in the air

PsycoJuana

Quote Originally Posted by PsycoJuana View Post
    So whats the point in saving the truck setting on tires when ur springs,shocks take the weight?

I use mini spray paint cans to balance my trucks on(it sucks but noticing gets wear)

Need a stand to hold the center of the truck. axial frames,high lift, & RC4WD

Also makes it easy to work on the axles while they are in the air

PsycoJuana
    Try wood. Like a 4x4 chunk. Just add and trim where you need.

Keeping the Wheels off the Ground stops the Tyres and Foams getting Flat Spots.

Hello,

what's about something like this:

If you like a deeper look, just click here

Greetings Frank
    Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
    the gentlemen of rock

I'm pretty sure the OP was saying that the truck shouldn't be stored with weight on the springs and shocks. Hes balancing his truck on a paint can in the center to relieve them. Looking for a truck stand that holds it up by the chassis. I would use stands like you have in the photo but holding the chassis letting the axles droop. Or scale jack stands. But an easy way out is improvising like I have done. Wood bits and extra monster tires on their side etc. Nice rig

The Tamiya highlift (or bruiser/mountaineer, blazing blazer, and hilux4x4) and RC4WD, and Axial riga may not be balanced at dead center of the chassis. Thus there runs the risk of getting the heavy truck slipping to it's side or falling-off by using wooden blocks.

Preserving precise shock setting for ultimate performance is remotely as critical as it is for touring car competition set-ups. This is especially true with the high lifts, Axial, Tamiya, and RC4WD Trucks.

Given a choice, it's the Invasion Billet Display Stand.

This topic is from 2010 and its finally catching on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Trailfinder View Post
    This topic is from 2010 and its finally catching on!!!!
    Whoops! I forget how slow this forum moves. This thread wassnt that far from the top when I replied. Didn't realize it was 2yrs stale. That's funny

I have to reply to this despite the age of the thread. What I've found works easy and most everyone has around are 2.2 wheels. The diff sits inside the wheel and it raises the tires off of the ground. No more tire flat spots. It's that easy. Need more clearance under the tires? Use monster truck wheels or Maxx wheels. It doesn't even hurt to leave the tire on the wheel if need be.

ok, Im a noob to this forum but not to RC...I use styrene to build rig specific stands that support the chassis not the axels. the idea is to take the weight off the tires and leave the suspension hanging with no load!.....not like its rocket science..... I guess folks are just misunderstanding the orig. question.
    My stands look similar to the axel stands posted above but the weight of the rig is on the FRAME RAILS not the axels with just enough height to keep the tires about 1/8th of an inch off the surface the rig sits on. Been using these things for 2 years now and never had a problem with my shock springs getting soft or growing "memory" spots and no flat spots on the tires either.

By the way this is my first post!!!

Just use those small boxes you got from your delivery guys from those scale accessories you just ordered

Us that run droop only don't have the spring memory problem, lol
    But I do <3 those stands
    My truck buddy's give me crap all the time,
    Build a real one they say!
    I say, I don't need a tow truck when mine breaks

Subtle as a Sledgehammer lol
    Wouldnt have it any other way

Default franks idea

"invasion billet display stands for a scale truck". yeah, for forty bucks! listen frank, if im buying a "scale truck" for $500 +, those better come for free!
    plus, i run my rig no matter the season, no flat spots here!, just worn out tires. lol not really...............
    Last edited by bagged01s10; 05-01-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: its an option

Quote Originally Posted by bagged01s10 View Post
    "invasion billet display stands for a scale truck". yeah, for forty bucks! listen frank, if im buying a "scale truck" for $500 +, those better come for free!
    plus, i run my rig no matter the season, no flat spots here!, just worn out tires. lol not really...............

You're willing to pay 500+ but don't have 40 bucks to store your baby well

But you're right, driving is the best thing you can do

Greetings Frank
    Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
    the gentlemen of rock