X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4LOW
    • Jun 2013

Trail Finder Chassis with Worminator Axles

I thought it would be fun to build something with excellent ground clearance and crawls super slow. So I'm going to attempt to blend my 3 favorite components!

- R2 Transmission - I love the size & simplicity
    - Trail Finder Chassis - for it's versatility with leaf springs and/or four link options
    - Worminator (narrow) axles with 25:1 ratio - for their high pinion and pure attractiveness!

Team Driver for Race730
  • 4LOW
    • Jun 2013

I got the Toyota Land Cruiser runnin' today and just couldn't wait to test it out on the backyard course! I still have a few things to iron out, obviously. Plus, need to clean up the body and get a scale interior fab'd up with a driver.

I love these narrow Worminator axles!

Last edited by 4LOW; 06-01-2014, 09:28 PM.
    Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• 4LOW
      • Jun 2013

I made a new chassis bracket to hold my RC4WD Warn Winch, recovery hooks and Pro Line High Lift Jack. I'm ready for trail action!

Love these hooks from RC4WD!

Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• 4LOW
        • Jun 2013

I installed a set of 1.9 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ tires (Part Number Z-T0061) from the RC4WD store on my rc Toyota Land Cruiser project. WOW. These tires look really scale and grip the rocks well!
        These tires were out of stock at the RC4WD store, but were IN STOCK at http://www.rpphobby.com/default.asp

The bigger tires hurt my turning radius a bit, but I like the taller profile and gives the truck a different look with better crawling abilities than the 1.55 tire.

Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• imthatguy
          • Jul 2010

I'm not saying that truck is slow, well, wait, yes I am. That's awesome.

Comment

• 4LOW
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by imthatguy View Post
            I'm not saying that truck is slow, well, wait, yes I am. That's awesome.

I hear ya guy. If I went any slower, I'd be stopped. THANKS!
            Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• 4LOW
              • Jun 2013

I added 1.9 disc brakes to my rc4wd wagon wheels and really like them. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to non-disc brake wheels ever again!

Assembly of the wheels, tires and disc brakes was so easy. No issues at all with the fit.

Can't wait to get some dirt on them today and shoot another video.

The disc brakes seemed to widen the stance which should help the steering radius a bit.

Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• theinfidel
                Team Driver
                • Jan 2012

It is slow, but I dig it alot, looks very scale. The course looks great to.
                SARCCA club president[/CENTER]

Comment

• 4LOW
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by theinfidel View Post
                  It is slow, but I dig it alot, looks very scale. The course looks great to.
                  Thank you for the kind words.

Slow is how we do the 1:1 rock crawling here in California. For example, Rubicon trail, Fordyce Creek, Sledghammer, etc ... all with low gearing and super slow crawl.
                  Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• 4LOW
                    • Jun 2013

Here is my latest one. I'm really enjoying this build with almost all RC4WD products.

Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• titch
                      • Jul 2014

Nice truck,cool video
                      I bought a 6x6 worminator rtr last month,could not resist the sale price.
                      Trying to figure out how to mount Bullhead cab and flatbed.
                      Liking how it drives there is so much articulation and torque.
                      So that nothing fouls I have to raise the bed on small platform but fitting the cab for ease of battery swaps is proving to be a real pain

Comment

• 4LOW
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by titch View Post
                        Nice truck,cool video
                        I bought a 6x6 worminator rtr last month,could not resist the sale price.
                        Trying to figure out how to mount Bullhead cab and flatbed.
                        Liking how it drives there is so much articulation and torque.
                        So that nothing fouls I have to raise the bed on small platform but fitting the cab for ease of battery swaps is proving to be a real pain
                        Very nice. 6x6 Worminator truck is cool truck. What transmission does that use?
                        Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• 4LOW
                          • Jun 2013

Here is the latest of my project. Now with the RC4WD disc brakes.

Team Driver for Race730

Comment

• titch
                            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by 4LOW View Post
                            Very nice. 6x6 Worminator truck is cool truck. What transmission does that use?
                            Worminator 6x6 axles obviously,think they are 40:1 ratio
                            R2 custom transmission
                            Outcry brushless system (3300 kv)
                            Slow and technical works for me

Comment

• 4LOW
                              • Jun 2013

I like slow & technical as well. Although this truck is pretty dang slow! Time to retrofit R3 trans and GCM transfercase into the Land Cruiser and get a little higher gearing and more room for full interior seats etc.
                              Team Driver for Race730

Comment

Working...
                              X