Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Crawler Bully

Hello,

I realize that I have to forget to present my Bully on forum RC4WD. I wanted especially to thank team RC4WD. I live in French Guiana and the order is generally not very simple, except with RC4WD (Speed of sending, reduced carriage costs, prompt response with the e-mail even Sunday and Very good after-sales service).Thus once again thank you and to continue like that.

About my bully,
    The construction of this crawler is to pass by various stages, to lead finally to a pimp Cane.

The final set up :
    • Bully Axles
    • Pimp Cane HomeMade Chassis
    • 2x Novak Goat Crawler + 18.5T Brushless motor
    • Hitec HS7955TG
    • Hot Bodies Rover Crawler 2.2 Tire (Soft) + home foam
    • RC4WD Stock Wheels
    • 2S 2200mAh Lipo specially chewed at by my dog
    • Futaba 6EX-2.4GHz
    • JConcepts Illuzion Crawler Stage Killah Body
    • Complete weight : 2,560 Kg (2.8 Kg with weight in wheels)

Some Pics (Before BTA)

BTA

and a video:

Thanks.
    Last edited by BadRax; 08-03-2009, 05:52 AM.

Nice build!

Comment

I like the BTA set up...

Nice build...

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your comments

Update of the video link, there was an error

Comment

Originally posted by BadRax View Post
          Update of the video link,
          Wow...nice set up...

Comment

Great to hear from another satisfied customer

Comment

I like the BTA setup.
              How is it holding up?
              sigpic

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by Carbonuts View Post
                I like the BTA setup.
                How is it holding up?
                For BTA, it is very simple but rather delicate to make.
                I just drill 2 holes and to tap (M3) to fix the servo.

After several test, the channel with the good flexibility but it becomes deformed.

I made some transformation to try to solidify it without harming his flexibility

For the tests, will be necessary to wait, I burned the 2 esc in a water puddle pool.
                The Goal do not like water.

Comment

Hello,

I really do not like the last chassis, even without to have tested it.
                  It poses more problem than it does not solve any. Then it is really not beautiful

I thus took again the file, the saw and hop?go job.

The channel has good flexibility, but twists with use. If I take one chanel more solid, I lose of flexibility? The solution comes from the beginning of my project STICK!!

I use one solid chanel for rigidity, and little chanel for flexibility. I articulate just like the one stick.

The result in image :

Upper chanel is for rigidity
                  inferior chanel is for flexibility

the 2 chanel are fixed into rigid on the rear axle.

In front, upper chanel is articulate with 2 rod ends (that which I had bought for stick project). Inferior chanel is fixed into rigid on the front axle.

Moreover system allows limited crossing of the axle. That avoids damaging the torsion chanel. The unit is really more solid, I have by tale a little more weight in height, but not much.

Remain more than has to test that on the rock!!

Comment

The way you have your BTA set up in the last Pic. Do you think it would work on a 4 link set up?
                    Rc4wd Team Driver ~ Jp Custom's Team Driver ~ HaVoc Driver

http://rccrawler.com/forum/picture.p...pictureid=1203

POST YOUR VIDS @ Hobbyzip.com

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by run2jeepn View Post
                      The way you have your BTA set up in the last Pic. Do you think it would work on a 4 link set up?
                      Sorry for the response time.

I think this BTA is possible with 4 link. But not with the origin fixing of the link.

For this chassis,

I made a new fixing for the link

It must be possible to adapt it to fix the links and the shock.

Comment

BadRax.. your creation is just awesome. I love the video so much.

im a newbie when comes to rock crawling. blame it to my friend who keep "poisoning" me with this great new adventure.

May i know where to get all this.. i mean not only the chassis, the whole package.. i would like to know if in one package.. well minus the electronic which are easy to find.. i wanna know the price.. more or less pricing.. with the axle stuffs.

anyone.. pls guide me. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by JonehRC View Post
                          BadRax.. your creation is just awesome. I love the video so much.

im a newbie when comes to rock crawling. blame it to my friend who keep "poisoning" me with this great new adventure.

May i know where to get all this.. i mean not only the chassis, the whole package.. i would like to know if in one package.. well minus the electronic which are easy to find.. i wanna know the price.. more or less pricing.. with the axle stuffs.

anyone.. pls guide me. thanks in advance.
                          Hello,

Happy that you plaise

Axle is RC4WD Bully 2 Comp 2.2 Axle. For the remainder (chassis) it is entirely fact hand and it is not found on sale complete.? But the various elements which composes it finds very easily in any store, like the profiles in aluminum.

Bye.

Comment

Hello,

Some update for my Bully.

After having made some test with the excellent frame Havok and an odd prototype Bull'Ax, I return to the pimp Cane.
                            I re-examined the whole of element to lower with the maximun the center of gravity

First large change, I use now 2 ESC Tekin with 45T. Much lighter, small and easy to adapt on the channel of the Pimp.

the central channel at lowered summer of 1cm

I changed the position of the servo to adapt it to the new configuration of the channel.

I use a shock to deaden of the axle (with 90 oil) and also to limit their movement. I can regulate their crossing with washer put on the axis of the shock.
                            Without the shock, I have 90? crossing, with the shock I limited to approximately 40?.

In final the center of gravity is very low and excellent balance
                            final weight 3kg (6.6 lb), with 400g (14 oz) of ballast in front.

For this moment, I use 2S Lipo, I quickly think of using 3S.
                            Last edited by BadRax; 11-23-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Hello,

i've seen your build already on RCC and love it. You have very inspiring ideas and i like your way of building, so keep on..

Greetings Frank
                              Wanna be a rock star

www.rockcrawler.de
                              the gentlemen of rock

Comment

Working...
                              X