Darkstar rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkstar rant.

I didn't want to post this in the open forums, but I'm kind of pissed.

I was really exciting to purchase a Darkstar chassis until I saw the pics posted on RCC today.

Why wasn't the skid narrowed? Also the tube fitment leaves a lot to be desired. I just don't get why these things don't get fixed before a ton of them are made and shown to the public.

These are the kind of things that make people crazy.

Please tell me this was just a test batch and that the future units will be corrected.

Sorry, just bummed. I was really excited about getting one, but that was when I thought the skid was going to be corrected.
    Team RC4WD / JP Custom RCs / Team Panther / Kamikaze Kustoms Driver / Team Brood / Team *

I have to second on this one. I was going to build one with a set of bullet proof Axial axles I have or now some widows...

That bottom is way to flat...Boat sides or a slight bevel would keep it from high centering...If these are what we are stuck with...I will be putting a delrin "v" plate on the bottom...

Comment

X3 that skid needs a major re work..
      NOSTR
      BYT

Comment

If this is what were stuck w/, I guess on top of the cost of the chassis, I'll have to pay someone to cup the crap off the bottom of the chassis and correct it.
        Team RC4WD / JP Custom RCs / Team Panther / Kamikaze Kustoms Driver / Team Brood / Team *

Comment

Sorry guys, we are working on a new one, please wait.
          www.rc4wd.com

Comment

Im going to see what I can come up with locally to get these fixed and powder coated .

The builder was told about this in the beginning but who knows what happened along the way

This was the edit date of the rendering.

Created: ‎Saturday, ‎April ‎11, ‎2009, ‏‎12:56:01 AM

Comment

Thanks guys!

That's more in line w/ what it needs to look like. If the panhard bar mount can be added in the rear, it will be very similar to the Campbell buggy that the DarkStar is supposed to mimic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezfan View Post
                Thanks guys!

That's more in line w/ what it needs to look like. If the panhard bar mount can be added in the rear, it will be very similar to the Campbell buggy that the DarkStar is supposed to mimic.
                Yes , Panhard as well and body panel nuts Id do them myself but , i dont need yelled at

Comment

Originally posted by roborg5000 View Post
                  Yes , Panhard as well and body panel nuts Id do them myself but , i dont need yelled at

I hear you, sometimes I need to count to 10 before I open my mouth, but w/ me, you usually get exactly what's on my mind.

Still excited about this chassis and can't wait to see the revisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezfan View Post
                    I hear you, sometimes I need to count to 10 before I open my mouth, but w/ me, you usually get exactly what's on my mind.

Still excited about this chassis and can't wait to see the revisions.
                    Mike got an earful tonight Maybe 2 ears full. Tom was there too

You did it in the right forum

Ive had to learn to hold back myself

We will get it fixed . May take some time but , it will get done and the Black Widow Axles will be right as well .

Wheres my wood to knock on

Comment

Good to hear, I feel that if these are done right, they will be a hit! I'd rather wait and get the chassis in it's corrected form.

I didn't want to be openly critical as I understand that sometimes things are out of our control.

Glad I could be "helpful".

Comment

My welder is on the way now to pick one up.

Hes "in the know" on crawlers as well , so it should turn out great

Comment

Woo Hoo...

Project #6

Comment

I thought i did make the change to this when i did the rendering for it... i will check and let you know... but i think that is a needed change... and it is good to hear it is getting taken care of. I would rather have a some what pic of it when all the changes are done and every thing is perfect!!!
                            p.s.
                            sorry i have been gone for a while. lol.
                            This is ME!
                            This is RC Help Page

Comment

Working...
                            X