V8 Pulley/Belt kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Pulley/Belt kit

I kept hearing people complain on how you are selling the pulley and belt kit for your Aluminum v8 engine and it doesn't fit the TF2. I was a little disappointed at first when the kit first came out and read that it wouldn't fit because of how the servo was mounted and at that time I didn't even own a TF2. Well now I own one and it wasn't anything to figure out how to get everything to fit.

Now I didn't like that plastic generic bumper and that's what most people replace anyways. I removed the bumper and mount, I reversed the top leaf spring shackle bolts so the nuts are on the outside of the frame to give clearance for the servo mount and then moved the servo mount and bolted it to where the bumper mount was. Now the servo mount is a hair shorter on the passenger side because of the way the frame was milled out for the bumper mount. Install the pulleys and belt, bolt in the servo and there it is. Might even be enough room to put a plastic radiator cover over the servo to hide it and add more scale to the truck.

I don't have the Universal Front Bumper Mounts (Z-S0987) ordered yet or my bumper because it's not in stock yet, but when I do I will post pictures, plus I am using the exact same rims and tires in the pictures but going to 1.55 size instead of the 1.9 incase people are wondering if the tires were going to hit the shackle bolts since I reversed them. Oh and have to get a little longer servo horn since I moved the servo forward a bit.

James
    Attached Files

Front doesn't flex much at all with the servo mount like that

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

That V8 installation looks good. You can also mount a radiator in front of the servo and paint the servo silver and make it look like a scale dry sump oil tank. Wrap the servo lead in a bit of heat shrink and run it right next to the motor to let it look like a oil hose.
        sigpic

Comment

Very nice engine set up , I can't aford that route right now so I'm going to try and build mine out of styrene , I've built one but it turned out about 1/18 scale . Was so so looking but nothing like the machined engine , like your work so far , keep up the great work im learning.,.patients.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not to skilled for styrene, would like to see pics as you build

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigcountry0307 View Post

This is my first TF so I am not sure how much flex a leaf spring is supposed to have. I never paid attention to the flex before I moved the servo. Tomorrow I will have a closer look to see. I only moved the mount maybe a little over 1/4 of an inch to the front and it doesn't seem like that would make a difference.

James

Comment

Originally posted by SPEEDWHEELS View Post
                That V8 installation looks good. You can also mount a radiator in front of the servo and paint the servo silver and make it look like a scale dry sump oil tank. Wrap the servo lead in a bit of heat shrink and run it right next to the motor to let it look like a oil hose.
                Thanks, that is a great idea, i'll have to see how much room I have in front of the servo and the body. Now I just have to find a plastic radiator to experiment with.

James

Comment

Originally posted by kennypreston65 View Post
                  Very nice engine set up , I can't aford that route right now so I'm going to try and build mine out of styrene , I've built one but it turned out about 1/18 scale . Was so so looking but nothing like the machined engine , like your work so far , keep up the great work im learning.,.patients.

Thanks, it took me awhile before I could afford that setup. I didn't want to make the mistake I made when the fracture v8 was in production, when I did get around to having the funds it was discontinued. I bought the topper for the Mojave body and its a little too long and narrow at the back to fit the f350 bed. I wont have a difficult job like your going to have by building from scratch with styrene, basically ill just have to cut out a small section to shorten it and then reinforce the seem and then split it down the middle just enough to widen it to match the width of the bed.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Crudcrawler View Post
                    Thanks, that is a great idea, i'll have to see how much room I have in front of the servo and the body. Now I just have to find a plastic radiator to experiment with.

James
                    There is an axial tree with a radiator and fans

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Truck looks good with the tinted windows, and the stance looks great, I think you can make the topper work too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcountry0307 View Post

You are right, I finally had the chance to take everything apart and I found out even moving the servo mount that little bit does make a difference. The servo mount hits and blocks the front leaf spring shackles and wont let the front end flex at all. I guess I should of not been in a hurry to get it mounted and then post it here. Next time I will be more careful and inspect everything more closely. I will post pictures in a little bit to show you.

James
                        Last edited by Crudcrawler; 04-20-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kennypreston65 View Post
                          Truck looks good with the tinted windows, and the stance looks great, I think you can make the topper work too.

Yes I like the stance also. I haven't figured out what paint I am going with, my dad had an 83 f150 short bed and if I remember right the paint was pyrite or pirate blue. I will be going to the paint store later today to see if I can get close to that color. and the topper is going to be white with black trim around the windows.

James

Comment

Oh yeah, Pyrite Blue is a really pretty color , I cant wait to see the truck when yoy get it painted

Comment

Originally posted by Crudcrawler View Post

James
                              I have used these before and they work great.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X