Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigcountry0307
    replied
    Just ordered a low profile, high torque servo, seen the YouTube video from everyday Rc, protek RC 160t

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SPEEDWHEELS
    replied
    Originally posted by Crudcrawler View Post
    Thanks, that is a great idea, i'll have to see how much room I have in front of the servo and the body. Now I just have to find a plastic radiator to experiment with.

James
    I have used these before and they work great.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kennypreston65
    replied
    Oh yeah, Pyrite Blue is a really pretty color , I cant wait to see the truck when yoy get it painted

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Crudcrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by kennypreston65 View Post
    Truck looks good with the tinted windows, and the stance looks great, I think you can make the topper work too.

Yes I like the stance also. I haven't figured out what paint I am going with, my dad had an 83 f150 short bed and if I remember right the paint was pyrite or pirate blue. I will be going to the paint store later today to see if I can get close to that color. and the topper is going to be white with black trim around the windows.

James

Leave a comment:

• Crudcrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by bigcountry0307 View Post
    Front doesn't flex much at all with the servo mount like that

You are right, I finally had the chance to take everything apart and I found out even moving the servo mount that little bit does make a difference. The servo mount hits and blocks the front leaf spring shackles and wont let the front end flex at all. I guess I should of not been in a hurry to get it mounted and then post it here. Next time I will be more careful and inspect everything more closely. I will post pictures in a little bit to show you.

James
    Last edited by Crudcrawler; 04-20-2016, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kennypreston65
    replied
    Truck looks good with the tinted windows, and the stance looks great, I think you can make the topper work too.

Leave a comment:

• bigcountry0307
    replied
    Originally posted by Crudcrawler View Post
    Thanks, that is a great idea, i'll have to see how much room I have in front of the servo and the body. Now I just have to find a plastic radiator to experiment with.

James
    There is an axial tree with a radiator and fans

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Crudcrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by kennypreston65 View Post
    Very nice engine set up , I can't aford that route right now so I'm going to try and build mine out of styrene , I've built one but it turned out about 1/18 scale . Was so so looking but nothing like the machined engine , like your work so far , keep up the great work im learning.,.patients.

Thanks, it took me awhile before I could afford that setup. I didn't want to make the mistake I made when the fracture v8 was in production, when I did get around to having the funds it was discontinued. I bought the topper for the Mojave body and its a little too long and narrow at the back to fit the f350 bed. I wont have a difficult job like your going to have by building from scratch with styrene, basically ill just have to cut out a small section to shorten it and then reinforce the seem and then split it down the middle just enough to widen it to match the width of the bed.

James

Leave a comment:

• Crudcrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by SPEEDWHEELS View Post
    That V8 installation looks good. You can also mount a radiator in front of the servo and paint the servo silver and make it look like a scale dry sump oil tank. Wrap the servo lead in a bit of heat shrink and run it right next to the motor to let it look like a oil hose.

James

Leave a comment:

• Crudcrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by bigcountry0307 View Post

This is my first TF so I am not sure how much flex a leaf spring is supposed to have. I never paid attention to the flex before I moved the servo. Tomorrow I will have a closer look to see. I only moved the mount maybe a little over 1/4 of an inch to the front and it doesn't seem like that would make a difference.

James

Leave a comment:

• bigcountry0307
    replied
    I'm not to skilled for styrene, would like to see pics as you build

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kennypreston65
    replied
    Very nice engine set up , I can't aford that route right now so I'm going to try and build mine out of styrene , I've built one but it turned out about 1/18 scale . Was so so looking but nothing like the machined engine , like your work so far , keep up the great work im learning.,.patients.

Leave a comment:

• SPEEDWHEELS
    replied
    That V8 installation looks good. You can also mount a radiator in front of the servo and paint the servo silver and make it look like a scale dry sump oil tank. Wrap the servo lead in a bit of heat shrink and run it right next to the motor to let it look like a oil hose.

Leave a comment:

• bigcountry0307
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigcountry0307
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X