No announcement yet.

::Gagak Rimang:: SKUNKWORKS - RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have finally finished the interior! It took awhile but it was all worth it! Took the feedback that was thrown in and decided to weather it just slightly. intended), I will put in a driver.
    Next up, with some plastic surgery (pun

Meanwhile, here is a sneak peek!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

It's looking really good. Love the interior job you did. Keep posting the good pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi View Post
        It's looking really good. Love the interior job you did. Keep posting the good pictures.
        Thank you Levi!

It's really encouraging to know that someone out there is appreciating the work i put into it. Definitely motivates me to continue with the build!
        sigpic

Comment

Hey bud, that really looks nice. I think your latest pics are more teasers that peaks. I can't wait to see the final product.

Comment

With the interior done, it's time to tackle the body.

Originally wanted to keep the silver colour of the original SKUNKWORKS but the son insisted that it be yellow.

Planned to keep it looking like a brand new truck. I must have blacked out because the back cab ended up looking like this.

sigpic

Comment

So after about 6 months alot of staying up till 4am, SKUNKWORKS is finally a roller!

I am properly proud of this one! But she is far from finished though. Still in the list:
              Wheels & tires
              Lighting kit
              Sound module
              Rollbar
              Scale accesories for the back bed

Hopefully I'll have the time to take her out for a proper outdoor photoshoot. Meanwhile, here are some garage shots!

Let me know what you think!

sigpic

Comment

Looks like your dedicated for sure staying up till 4am to build. At that time of night when I get home that's the last thing I want to do after I get off from work, unfortunately. It's looking good for sure. I like the bumper with the skid plate, looks like the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi View Post
                  Looks like your dedicated for sure staying up till 4am to build. At that time of night when I get home that's the last thing I want to do after I get off from work, unfortunately. It's looking good for sure. I like the bumper with the skid plate, looks like the real thing.
                  Unfortunately, I can only start working on it after my 2 kids go to sleep. Over here in Singapore, we don't have the luxury of a garage or a dedicated workspace to isolate ourselves without distractions thus the late hours.

sigpic

Comment

By the way, if you guys like what you are seeing/reading please show your support and drop a like on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gagakrimangsg

I have 2 more builds that I have in mind in the future. So stay tuned!

Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Finally managed to install the electronics and cleaned up the wiring.

Installed LEDs. Lights really help improve the scale realism!

Right now, I am waiting for tires, wheels and a winch to arrive!
                      Stay tuned!

sigpic

Comment

I like a lot the color and weathering you have done on this 4 door !!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
                          I like a lot the color and weathering you have done on this 4 door !!
                          Thank you Teddy! She's still a long way from being done though. Stay tuned!

sigpic

Comment

Looking good! I like the yellow as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            sigpic

Comment

So I noticed a slight issue when the 4 door body is being mounted on the Boom Racing LWB converted chassis.

The rear wheels don't seem to line up against the wheel well.

Recommended by someone on another social platform to flip the leafs as the mounting holes may not be centered.

Did that but it still remains the same.

I doubled check that I have the spring leaf mounts and side body posts screwed in at the correct mounting holes.

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Meanwhile, I have dropped Boom Racing and email regarding this.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am going to go with a compatibility issue between the RC4WD body and the Boom Chassis. I am willing to bet this Chassis was designed to be a go to for multiple bodies and it fits into the “good enough” category and fitment isn’t perfect on all bodies but close on most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X