n00b "builds" a Marlin Crawler Trail Finder 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b "builds" a Marlin Crawler Trail Finder 2

A mysterious box appeared at my front door yesterday.

First, I did this.

Then I did that.

Followed by this.

Then one of these.

Watch this.

There was something in there. Some upside down truck pictures. Let's get rid of that.

THAT'S a quality box.

Kitty house complete. Thank you.
    sigpic

Nice box... and cat.

Cannot wait to see how she performs. I can foresee the new parts being out of stock for quite some time. I know I will be in line for the new front bumper at a minimum. Cannot wait to see what you and the other team drivers do with this.

Any idea if the bobbed bed will be available separately? There is no mention of a new body set on the RC4WD page for this new beauty.
    TKW75
    RC4WD TF2 & GII Cruiser, ECX Barrage, ECX Temper
    Too many other R/C's to list

Comment

http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Marlin-...ka%40gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Im interested to know if all new parts are alloy. I understand the bed being plastic but I hope the roll bar is alloy.

Comment

Well, since the cat is occupying the box I ordered I'll take a look at this picture box. It has trucks on it and I think trucks are neat.

This box is loaded with features! Really.

Please enjoy some slightly out of focus pictures of this truck on my bench.

New two piece grille. Check that detail!

Roll bar

New bobbed bed

Ready to run

Bag of goodies

STICKEREZZXZZX!

NiMh battery because RTR. And probably an easier battery for shipping, yeah?

But that's ok, the ESC works with 2S and 3S batteries too.

So if you haven't noticed, this isn't a typical RTR TF2. Obviously it's a replica of Marlin's Crawler but it also has some performance upgrades. Yota 2 axles, new transfer case skid plate, metal front bumper, bobbed bed, 1.7 IROK tires.

Stay tuned for outdoor pictures and video!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcnbenson View Post
            Im interested to know if all new parts are alloy. I understand the bed being plastic but I hope the roll bar is alloy.

Looks to be plastic. You can see the mold lines in the photos. I just hope the front bumper is alloy... the bumper mount has been changed to the alloy unit, so I am hopeful.
            TKW75

Comment

Originally posted by tkw75 View Post
              Looks to be plastic. You can see the mold lines in the photos. I just hope the front bumper is alloy... the bumper mount has been changed to the alloy unit, so I am hopeful.
              You are correct. Plastic roll bar, steel front bumper with aluminum mount.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep. Ah well. I like the look but wanted a metal one. Looks like i still need to learn brazing...
                Regardless it will be a nice rig.

Comment

Yep. Ah well. I like the look but wanted a metal one. Looks like i still need to learn brazing...

You and me both

And yes, it looks to be a great rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  TKW75

Comment

Looks like lots of fun is ahead. I'd return the package, you got a cat instead of a truck, lol.

Comment

You and me both

And yes, it looks to be a great rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'd rather have this plastic one. It's durable and a fraction of the weight of a metal one. Performance.

Originally posted by Levi View Post
                      Looks like lots of fun is ahead. I'd return the package, you got a cat instead of a truck, lol.
                      Four paw drive.

First run of the truck. Box stock with exception of a 4000 mah 3S instead of the stick pack.

Very successful first run! I ran out of daylight before I could get any good video. The tires hooked up well. I haven't used these 1.7 IROKs before but they are nice and soft. The bobbed bed helps greatly with departure angle and the front bumper actually has a pretty good approach. There is room to move it one more hole by the way. The suspension was a little stiff but there is room to tune it. I took out the internal springs from the shocks and removed the small helper before the next run.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
                        I'd rather have this plastic one. It's durable and a fraction of the weight of a metal one. Performance.

Very successful first run! I ran out of daylight before I could get any good video. The tires hooked up well. I haven't used these 1.7 IROKs before but they are nice and soft. The bobbed bed helps greatly with departure angle and the front bumper actually has a pretty good approach. There is room to move it one more hole by the way. The suspension was a little stiff but there is room to tune it. I took out the internal springs from the shocks and removed the small helper before the next run.
                        Great information and just what I was looking for regarding the front bumper. I have been on the search for a bumper that tucks in a little tighter than those currently on the market. I may have found it. Thanks Noob!
                        TKW75

Comment

I really love the look!
                          sigpic

Comment

n00b "builds" a Marlin Crawler Trail Finder 2

https://youtu.be/dPI0FlUBcFI

Second trail run. I removed the springs from the shocks and took out the small helper. Major improvement. Feels like the springs softened up a bit by the end of the bash session. I also threw in a bench seat (not included) so Creepy Uncle Albert could drive. I don't like shooting video of trucks without drivers.

Pulled the Class 2 line at Smiggin's

Undercarriage after 2 runs. No bent springs!

New skid plate and drive shafts.
                            sigpic

Comment

Love the pictures, good job. Looks like a good little place to run trucks. I'm wishing I was running any of my trucks instead of missing work all day and night sitting in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X