Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you want to see for trail finder.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by team-energy View Post
    steering moves much more less with this setup than with the servo mounted on the chassis. there's the same problem. just tried it out, can't upload a movie actually but will do ASAP
    I used a spring on my servo arm link end bolt to solve this. I will try to find a pic....

See the spring?
    Last edited by roborg5000; 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I mounted the servo upright using servo posts.It moves the servo forward and works fine.

Comment

Any chance of a mount on the front to reverse the leafs?

Skid plate for the trans.

Battery plate with slots for the velcro.Should be able to use any battery size if its just a plate.

The rear body mounts could do with the holes drilled across instead of front to back.Its difficult to get the pins in the Hilux body when theyre front to back.

Chassis mounts for the links on the 3link version could do with having more mounting options to change wheelbase etc.

Step screws for the king pins.

I was thinking,if you made a waterproof box for the rear plate,you could mount new size body posts to the top and have it hinged so the body flips up on a hinge and the lid closes when the body sits back down.

Just a few ideas ive had

Comment

I would love to see a warn style winch bumper that mounts to the chassis and will work nicely with the hilux body.. Shackle mounts on it.. etc.. Maybe a tube style scale rear bumper, rock rails.. Those are just a few things Id love to see for this truck!

Comment

Can you make a short wheelbase version of trailfinder to fit Pajero , Wrangler YJ and isuzu mu ?

Comment

Hilux-specific body mounts.... (the included ones don't line up)

Shocks included that actually work... (the white scale ones don't work)

removable rear shock mounts (for dropped beds)...

Comment

I would like to see a stinger-style tube bumper that will direct-bolt to the trailfinder chassis....

front and rear metal bumpers, and rock sliders that are direct bolt (there are extra holes in the chassis in the right spots already... why not use them?

Last edited by akura2; 11-03-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

we can do things like that but you have to look at it like this "are they going to sell after all the work and time they put into making them?"
                  i am not shooting the thought down, it is a good one and i know people would not mind see them.... i am thinking this...... send me a pm... we will talk,.
                  Thanks
                  This is ME!
                  This is RC Help Page

Comment

How about a 3 piece landies wheel?
                    It could be made in alloy or plastic in the same way as the old Tamiya Sand Scorcher etc wheels were made.
                    I love my Landies.I`ve used fast drying silicone to fix them instead of glued,as i really dont wana ruin them if i ever have to replace the tyres.
                    I was thinking today that it would be easy to make them in a 3 piece plastic or alloy so the tyre would be clamped.They would still look the same,as the fake bolts that are used on the current alloy versions could be used to hold them together if they were three seperate pieces.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some front and rear bumpers too. Metal of course.

Comment

I would love to have a three speed tranny like the hilift trucks. with the first gear being a little lower than the R2 and a top gear a little higher than 2nd in the R2. the three speed in the tamyia truck is the only thing about it that i really like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheedy View Post
                          I would love to have a three speed tranny like the hilift trucks. with the first gear being a little lower than the R2 and a top gear a little higher than 2nd in the R2. the three speed in the tamyia truck is the only thing about it that i really like.
                          Did you know this exists ?

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=512

Comment

http://www.rc-crawler-france.com/

Comment

that is some thing that can be hand made but i think that if enough people like them, i think they can be made. also i think that might be cool thing to be sold with the scale winch... not sure what is going on with that any more. lol.
                              This is ME!
                              This is RC Help Page

Comment

Originally posted by roborg5000 View Post
                                NO, i did not know about those thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X