Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you want to see for trail finder.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheedy View Post
    NO, i did not know about those thank you!
    No problem A little pricey but i takes a whole day to assemble and has over 100 parts

Comment

and that will mount in the trailfinder? do they make a mounting kit of some sort??

Comment

Originally posted by Sheedy View Post
        and that will mount in the trailfinder? do they make a mounting kit of some sort??
        Im not one to say something wont work. If there is a will there is a way No they dont make specific mounts but, im sure i could make something up to mount it!

Comment

Hey All,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss, but since there was some discussion about bumpers, I thought I would share this with you:

I managed to get a CR-01 bumper fitted, it is not scale nor is it perfect, but it is going to save some wear and tear on my bodykit LOL...as you can see, I am beating the life out of this thing, and it has to be said, these things are pretty darn sturdy.

Have a squint at these (you might need to squint, they were taken on my crappy mobile)

Raptus regaliter

Comment

some thing like that is cool looking to.. it is cool to post here. this is for people with ideas and things they all want to see... also so every one can get some input.
            This is ME!
            This is RC Help Page

Comment

Wouldnt mind seeing wedge shaped leaf mounts to clock the axles.

Comment

cvds for d40 axels

Comment

Longer length chassis. Possibly adjustable, Im building a scale Unimog crewcab and I had to lengthen chassis 2", Unfortunatly rc4wd does not make a longer chassis.
                  New Trailfinder

Comment

that is a thought, but there is a way, i forgot how it is done, i have to see if i cant find the link to it. lol.
                    This is ME!
                    This is RC Help Page

Comment

Servo and 3 link

Originally posted by Racer4Life View Post
                      I can see the issue on both the motor and the servo. I only have the leaf setup. I may try and get a 3 link and see what we can come up with.

As always keep the good idea's flowing.
                      Hi,
                      See my pictures in new members.
                      I mounted the servo on the 3 link suspension. Works perfect.
                      Used 3 link supension for front axle and normal leaf spring for rear axle.
                      This way i could use the 4:1 gear reduction.
                      I'll post some pictures in a couple days. Trying to finish my truck.

Comment

3D link and changes to chassis

Hi,
                        Attch are some pictures to show the 3D link suspension with servo mounted on the links and not on chassis. This due to insufficient space that axle can move when servo is mounted on chassis.
                        Greetings to all of you.
                        Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

3 piece skid

Love to see a 3 piece skid plate for front and rear pumpkin, and the transmission brace.

Comment

How about a prerunner type spare tire carrier for the bed of pick up truck bodies?

Comment

A winch bumper is good
                              Rock it don't roll it
                              baked not fryed

Comment

Someone else mentioned the shims for the Yota Axles.... A MUST!, the wheel wells would be a great idea also for us scalers. The shocks that come with the kit are nice but not scale enough. If you could make smaller shocks (weather they work or not) would be appreciated. I also attached my winch behind the front bumper with the roller farlead attached to the front of the bumper. I need to make (or buy) a bracket for the bottom of the winch plate to attach to the frame rails... I'll post pictures shortly... A spare tire holder that would mount in the bed would be a nice attachment also.

Comment

Working...
                                X