No announcement yet.

Mean Streak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how did Mean Streak handle round 5 over the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by 25aniv View Post
      So how did Mean Streak handle round 5 over the weekend?
      Finished 5th for the day, but did have a perfect score for course 3.

There were three courses, and course 1 kicked me while I was down. That ruined my day from the start.
      <>< | agent ORANGE | TenderFoot | FRANKENGREEN | RAFFLE-1
      Tennessee Scale Crawlers
      sigpic

Comment

Small little update. Just words, no photos.

Did a once over and everything looked fine - nothing loose or missing that I could find. Slight body damage (cracking) from the tumble(s) from Round #5. I don't think it's anything to worry with unless it worsens.

I felt that the rear shocks needed some tuning after seeing it unload and flop off of course 1. I had intended to change the springs to slightly stiffer, but remembered a test that i had done with Honcho Verde where softer springs actually helped lessen unpredictable unloading of the suspension. So, I went with slightly softer springs for the main (bottom) spring in the rear - white dot springs that are included on the RC4WD King Shocks.

We will see how they do. Hey, if you don't win (or even reach the podium) you gotta change something, right?
        Tennessee Scale Crawlers
        sigpic

Comment

Well, well... what to say.

Saturday was a fun day with some tough courses. I stumbled into a forth place finish, but that was not enough to keep me in the hunt. I was mathematically eliminated from the Class 2 Championship.

So, that will probably be the last time this rig will be together in it's current form. I have plans to prep for 2018, and it doesn't include this rig (at least not all of it).

Overall, I think the rig has done okay. The wheelbase has hurt more than helped. My driving wasn't always on point. I've competed with this rig in a few club G6 style events in years past, but was always hesitant to use it in SORRCA events. If I had more time to prep for 2017 late last year, I more than likely would not have chose this rig to campaign in 2017. It maxes the scale points, but that proved to not be enough to overcome the problems. So, instead of beating this rig against the rocks for the last two events, I plan to start testing my 2018 Class 2 rig (more on that soon).
          Tennessee Scale Crawlers
          sigpic

Comment

The end is nigh. MEAN STREAK is in a box, and will be heading to Texas this afternoon. Well, the chassis that was MEAN STREAK will be. We had a good run, and it was a fun casual crawling rig, but as a comp crawler I never could overcome the long wheelbase. So, I offered it for sale in order to purchase more fun stuff.

Good bye, MEAN STREAK.
            Last edited by btoungette; 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM. Reason: removed deleted photo
            Tennessee Scale Crawlers
            sigpic

Comment

It's ok, the rig will live on in some form or another. Besides the money does help buy new stuff to play with
              That's what I do with mine. One gets built and sold to fund the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by 25aniv View Post
                It's ok, the rig will live on in some form or another. Besides the money does help buy new stuff to play with
                That's what I do with mine. One gets built and sold to fund the next one.
                True. More money = more stuff.

When I first got this rig, I thought I would keep it forever. But, times change and needs/wants change.

It is somewhat therapeutic to get rid of things you like in order to make room for more things.

From what I understand, the new owner is already building axles and prepping for the arrival of this chassis.
                Tennessee Scale Crawlers
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X