SCX10 Mercedes G, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep G6 Falken
    Vaterra Pajero long, D90 Adventure, Jeep Wrangler XC,
    MST CMX Jeep, GRT05, TRX Fiesta, TT Subaru
    - HRCCT TEAM DRIVER - SCALERFAB TEAM DRIVER - CRAWLERKELLER TEAM DRIVER

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
      Nice work on this body !! Yeah !!
      Thanks for looking and the nice comments!

Comment

Originally posted by leowrc View Post
        Hi

Great job!!

Leo
        Thanks Leo! If it turns out anywhere near as nice as your M37 I should be happy with it

Comment

Inspirational!

You both have been keeping me at it on my dually build!
          Soon as I think I have it figured out you two get my gears turning even more!

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Weeezy85 View Post
            You both have been keeping me at it on my dually build!
            Soon as I think I have it figured out you two get my gears turning even more!

Keep up the great work!
            Thanks Weeezy! That's great to hear my truck has been some inspiration for you. Post up a build thread of your dually, we'd love to see it

Comment

Working on it! New to forums-

Originally posted by 25aniv View Post
              Thanks Weeezy! That's great to hear my truck has been some inspiration for you. Post up a build thread of your dually, we'd love to see it
              Getting pieces cut, little by little
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, nice truck Weeezy! What have you got planned for it? Are you going for scratch built dually fenders or something else in mind? Full interior too?

Comment

Interior time…
                  Started with getting the roof lights wired and the layingflat against the inside of the panel so I could keep the headliner/overheadconsole as far up as possible. The layered console houses the CB and storage compartments and is painted to match the interior colors. The cargo light and dome light are on their own circuit so can be operated at any time regardless of what other lights are or aren’t in use.
                  The main interior pieces will be four panels. Rear extended cab portion, main seating area/dash portion and two door panels. The rear portion will bolt in with two small studs through the cab back wall and will be invisible when the truck is together (the two small pillar trim pieces will cover up the wires running down the rear corners of the cab and keep everything neat and tidy). The door panels will be glued to the inside of the body and the main piece will then slide up and in and sit on the “ledge” of the rear piece while being bolted in through the original dash mount holes in the firewall. Should be plenty strong and secure anyway.
                  The seat as noted earlier is pieced together Land Cruiser. The door panels are layered flat stock with the matching walnut applique and detailed with paint, chrome pen and sharpie. In the pic the door panels are just taped to the interior tub for visual reference. The dash has the same walnut applique on the gauge cluster and passenger side trim panel. Still working on finding someone to produce a really nice and correct Silverado emblem for it. I added accelerator, brake and parking brake pedals as well as a trailer brake controller to the lower portion of the dash. I cut the center of the steering wheel out and went with the “2wd” version (according to the factory brochures) just to be a little different and I like it more than the generic multi-model four spoke wheel. I used the hub cut from the old center and layered styrene for the depth affect and detailed with the walnut applique and a clean little bowtie emblem on the horn pad. I also added 4mm to the length of the column so the wheel wasn’t so close to the dash. I think it looks much more in proportion this way. Grabbed a transfer case shifter from the parts bin. Looks to be Axial to me but really doesn’t matter much…it fit :P
                  Once the interior is in the front inner fenders can be final fitted and the body bolted on. From there it’s onto some more details for the box, wiring in the lights and getting it fitted. Possible light at the end of the tunnel!

interior 005.jpg interior 006.jpg interior 007.jpg
                  interior 008.jpg interior 009.jpg interior 010.jpg interior 011.jpg

Comment

That's some beautiful interior work there sir.

Comment

The brake controller and all man that is some amazing detail/work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rickleo View Post
                        That's some beautiful interior work there sir.
                        Thank you! Very much appreciate you following along

Comment

Originally posted by throttlewideopen View Post
                          The brake controller and all man that is some amazing detail/work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Thanks! I appreciate the nice comments

Comment

Great job buddy, I'll need to replicate your door panel design, as the Blazer looks rather dull without them.IMG_8213.jpgIMG_8214.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Troopy View Post
                              Great job buddy, I'll need to replicate your door panel design, as the Blazer looks rather dull without them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8924[/ATTACH]
                              Wow Troopy. That interior is impressive. Get job. Did you make a thread about your Blazer build.

Comment

Thanks Rickleo. Nope there's no thread for my Blazer build, as it is the rtr from RC4WD. I just like to personalise my rigs, but honestly, this rig of "25aniv" really blows my mind. The attention to detail is astonishing. His building craftsmanship is some of the best I've seen so far. It's a pure joy to watch his progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X