Chevy Pickup Rising From the Blazer Ashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troopy View Post
    Thanks Rickleo. Nope there's no thread for my Blazer build, as it is the rtr from RC4WD. I just like to personalise my rigs, but honestly, this rig of "25aniv" really blows my mind. The attention to detail is astonishing. His building craftsmanship is some of the best I've seen so far. It's a pure joy to watch his progress.
    I agree Troopy. His build is a work of art. That's why I'm following it closely. I get inspiration and ideas for this incredible rig.

Comment

Great job buddy, I'll need to replicate your door panel design, as the Blazer looks rather dull without them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8924[/ATTACH]
      Go for it! I really like what you did with the seat pattern there. Door panels would really make it come alive

You could even use the original looking "Tigerwood" for yours if you wanted. I went with walnut because the Tigerwood doesn't appeal to me, looks far too busy.

Comment

Thanks Rickleo. Nope there's no thread for my Blazer build, as it is the rtr from RC4WD. I just like to personalise my rigs, but honestly, this rig of "25aniv" really blows my mind. The attention to detail is astonishing. His building craftsmanship is some of the best I've seen so far. It's a pure joy to watch his progress.
        Thank you much! Hopefully the rest of the build doesn't disappoint. Appreciate you checking in on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rickleo View Post
          I agree Troopy. His build is a work of art. That's why I'm following it closely. I get inspiration and ideas for this incredible rig.
          Thanks Rick It would be something to see our trucks together one day but there's just too much distance in between.

If there's anything you see on my truck that you'd like to build for Bruticus by all means, use it! I may not necessarily get things done in the most efficient of ways but at some point I get to where I'm going

Comment

Great job buddy, I'll need to replicate your door panel design, as the Blazer looks rather dull without them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8924[/ATTACH]
            Hey Troopy, Is that fabric or some type of decal you used on your seats? I had some material I was originally planning to use on this truck but was just so-so feeling about it once it was laid out. I'd like to use similar pattern to what you've got there on another project floating around in my melon.

Comment

Okay, actually starting to look like a truck now! Interior is assembled and installed and am working on the front inner fenders. I thought the body would be bolted down for good at this point but I realized I'll need to take it off one more time to form the mounts for the running boards (They'll be attached inside the rocker panels where the original body mount bolt holes were located). The box is proving harder to wire in the lights but we're getting there I've cut up my original design for the box rails and went with something a little more simple and much more sleek. Once I dial in the change I'll get the chrome finish complete and the insets will have the matching walnut wood applique to carry the Silverado theme through.
              There is still quite a lot on the to-do list but it is mostly just finicky finishing details from front to back.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I say once again. This truck is simply amazing. You could take this rig to a 1:1 truck show and win best of show.

Comment

...and I thank you again Sir for the nice compliments!

Comment

Ok, I know it doesn't look like much of an update but there was great accomplishment behind the scenes. The truck is now fully wired and although I need to make the connection permanent between the front and rear light controllers...all 26 lights are working! I've also got some more work done to the box, made the mounts and it is now bolted in place. I'm mostly happy with the trim alignment and gap between the body and box. Have a few wires left to tie up out of sight underneath and then the truck is under it's own power. Even though I just pick away at it here and there, seems to have been a long time coming.
                    I've been working on more accessories to add to it which I will show you shortly. Did check a very small one off the list...added a dealer decal to the tailgate. Old Mill (local dealer to me) was a Pontiac, Buick, Chevy Truck lot back in the 70's so it fits very well with this one

pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

Comment

Man I love looking at Ole Blue. One of my favorite square body rc rigs.

Comment

Oh P.S.
                        That dealer decal is a nice scale touch. Thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                        X