No announcement yet.

Just A Chevy Duallie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cummins progress. Worked on the diesel fuel pump (aka p-pump), fuel lines, and the little nuts and bolts detail. If I knew scratch building was this fun I would have been doing it a long time ago. Still got to build the intake tubes exhaust manifold tubes and turbo. But that's for another time. My hands are tired lol.Thanks for looking.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cummins progress. Exhaust headers, turbo, and intake tube installed.

Comment

Mocked up my idea for the internals of the transmission. A shortened driveshaft and a carrier bearing. Will it work? Cross your fingers.

Comment

Started working on building the transmission housing. Tried to figure out how to make the bell housing. All my scratch building attempts were a fail. Then I came across the perfect bell housing rummaging through my storage draw. One of my son's old baby bottle tops.

Comment

Transmission is complete. Just need a little detail. The black part is actually a usb charger plug.

Comment

More progress. Got some detail done on the trans and started the part I was dreading. Shaping the bottom plate to contour with the trans. Can't believe it turned out the way I imagined it in my head. It's going to be a manual transmission so there's going to be a shifter coming through the floor When I mocked it in the truck it seems the shifter location is actually in the right spot.

Comment

https://youtu.be/zWrwQ7R9Tv8
                Test run of the motor. IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Comment

Niiice !!! Looks so good that engine
                  http://euskoscalecrawler.foroactivo.com/forum

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
                    Niiice !!! Looks so good that engine
                    Thanks

Comment

Very little progress. Fabbed up some simple motor mounts. Then I decided to try to install the electronics to get this thing moving. Not so lucky. Couldn't get the throttle to work correctly. Kept starting and stopping. The steering servo worked good .Too good. It had so much torque it broke the welds on the leaf spring mounts. Quick fix tho. Reinforced them with a brass plate and screws.

Comment

Changes are coming...........

Comment

Update:

Realized the thin brass chassis was too weak so..................

I made a new chassis from steel!

I'll let the pics do the talking.

Comment

More pics...

Comment

Have to shorten the bed...

Comment

Progress update:

Added a crossmember at the rear shackle mounts for added strength.

Fabricated a engine mount crossmember for the Cummins to rest. Still might add some more bracing for strength AND still need to build a rear crossmember for the trans.

Removed the carrier bearing from the rear of that trans and attracted the trans shaft straight to the transfer case. Just like most 1:1.

Cummins diesel looks right at home between the new frame rails doesn't it?

Now I'm at the point where I was before I decided to make the new chassis. Everything from here on is real progress.

Till next time. Thanks for looking......

Comment

Working...
                                X