No announcement yet.

new addition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go for it!its not a difficult build.probably the hardest was deciding on a color sceme and how scale i wanted to make it.still do not know if i will put or make seats for it.i will make it brushless eventually.thanks for your comments!encouragement goes a long way.would anyone know here if the traxxas steel gears for the tranny are a direct replacement for the nylon or will i need to purchase a new tranny altogether when i go brushless?or is there a stronger tranny out there that would work in this that would be a better choice?thanks
    Last edited by brianka; 03-14-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

thanks again for the positive support.really my first kinda scale build.i will post more pics when i get the new wheels.let me know if there is anything more i could do or change to get a better look.little by little it will be there!over all i really am pleased with the chassis.it has been easy to work with.in the mean time,the weather has been really nice and been flying my heli a little.spring came early!

Comment

i mounted and ran the new tires today!wow! jumped it on my kids bmx ramp and it flies great!also made and mounted a skid plate to the front.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't believe you...unless there is video or pics... LOL

Comment

i will try to get some action shots or vid if i can get my wife to take it for me!lol.the way it drives now is much more controllable than when it was stock stampede.the lower cog and longer wheel base and wider makes it a much more predictable ride too.i not pulling wheelies with the brushed motor but still not slow.probably around 30 to 35mph right now.already have gotten a lot of compliments from the neighbors and their kids too!lol.thanks rc4wd for offering such an awsome chassis to build on.taking it in to the local hobby shop to see if i can figure out what length shocks in the back to mount at the top position of the frame.i am guessing somewhere around 130mm but i want to be sure before i buy any.
            really didnt need to make a skid for the front other than to save the paint.i putfuel tubing on the shock shaft to limit so it wont bottom out.
            Last edited by brianka; 03-19-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

just a few more picyures with added ttail lights.have been running it and wow!it is really pretty cool watching it go since it looks realistic.thanks 4wd for such a great chassis to work with.
              Attached Files

Comment

That turned out great. Now let's see some action beatings. LOL

Comment

here is what i played with today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i am currently working on my clodbuster tuber.when i am finished it will have the red chassis and same body panels as the sand rail complete with matching fox head stickers!pictures to come soon.i need to make new steering control arms and clean it up a bit first.ordered new rc4wd esc and 35t motors which are on the way.
                    Last edited by brianka; 08-23-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

here is a picture of the chassis i am using to give you an idea of what it will be.
                      Attached Files

Comment

well here they are.the clodbuster has matching roof and side panels with the sand rail.alluminum plate that has been fitted and polished.clod crawler has 65t motors and speed control from rc4wd.thanks!they work really well.it also has 4ws and locked diffs which make it almost unstoppable.both are alot of fun to drive.next will be the brushless system for the sandrail.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice. I like the matching look

Comment

thank you.took some time to get them the way i want and so they dont look or perform like i just threw them together.so far so good.my problem with them now,is i look at them and at the moment cant find anything i want to change on them.thanks again

Comment

ok,i found out something that im changing.just ordered some new crawler wheels and tires for the clodbuster.tires from rc4wd,2.2 rockstompers,soft.along with gmade 2.2 gt beadlocks.should work better than the stock clod tires.post some pics after they arrive.

Comment

here is my clod crawler 2.2 with 5 in.links.35t motors,rc4wd tires,and gmade gt wheels.so far working great.took the foams out of the tires,remounted the servos to the axle support braces and installed servo arms instead of the servo savers.may even go with 27t motors and run it more as a racer.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by brianka; 10-16-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X