X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gasguzzler
    • Jun 2018

Gasguzzler's scale garage build

Hi all,i decided today to get my scale garage project underway!now,if ever you've seen my truck build threads,you'll see I have the rigs in a large foam board garage,since I re-did my work shop lately, I had to dismantle it,it was warping and starting to mold(the wonders of foam in a damp basement-lol!)so apart it came,I'll be salvaging the decals and banners,but the walls are hitting the trash!
    so to build my new garage,I chose maple ply wood boards for the walls and a large piece of standard plywood for the floor(all the wood only cost me 10$!)to secure the walls,i'll be using woid screws(should be better then tape and glue!-lol!)then I'll be painting the walls and floor with mildew resistant paint,for now not much has been done,but I'll be working on it a lot more over the next weeks,I kinda miss my old one...
    enjoy the photos,more to come,stay tuned!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    --ZACHAUDET::GASGUZZLER--
    --ZRC_CUSTOMS ON YOU TUBE,INSTAGRAM
    TWITTER,FACEBOOK.AND PINTEREST--
    --TINY TRUCKER'S COMMUNITY FACEBOOK GROUP--
    --ON THE SCALE BUILDERS GUILD--

https://www.youtube.com/c/LaurentianRCStudios
  • Gasguzzler
    • Jun 2018

time for more on the scale garage!
    it's been a while since i posted about my scale garage,i've been busy building trucks and figuring out what i wanted to do with it.now that i have a build plan,work will resume!so i started back out by cutting the ply wood boards to the same height and width and screwed them to the base,for now the corners are duct taped together until i can pick up some scale wood beams and screw them down.i wanted my garage to have a second level,but didn't want to many shadows,so i decided to make a small upper level,sort of like a lounge.the stairs are made of foam board and popsicle stick steps(good thing no one has to step on them!)the upper level will have a bannister made of balsa wood down the road.to hold up the upper level,i cut a simple,scale sized wood beam that will be screwed in place to be more durable.
    i plan on painting the unit white soon with mildew resistent paint and add LED lights to bring it to life,maybe a rc4wd bendpack lift too,but for now i'll start by finishing up some details!
    enjoy the photos!more to come,stay tuned!
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• RCtrucknut
      • Jul 2015

Nice garage floor plan. I like the loft idea and the stairs look great (Joe doesn't weigh much so the popsicle sticks are fine). Planning for any doors or windows?

Comment

• Gasguzzler
        • Jun 2018

Thanks,i'm looking forward to getting more done on this build,got some ideas,can't wait to try them out!and Yeah,a garage door,a small service door and some windows are gonna be cut out soon,as of now it's a big wooden box!-lol!
        Last edited by Gasguzzler; 11-11-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• RCtrucknut
          • Jul 2015

You can let your imagination run wild in building a garage. So many things can be added to accent it. Look forward to watching your garage evolve.

Comment

• Gasguzzler
            • Jun 2018

Time for more on the scale garage!
            been a little while since I posted about my scale garage build,so here's what's been done in the past months.to start,I removed the 2nd level and steps,it was restricting space and the garage looked to clutered,once I had the open floor plan I wanted I measured and cut out 3 windows along the top,after all,a garage needs natural light too!I added details to the windows such as balsa wood trims and HO scale styrene crosses,next up is some clear plastic to represent windows
            after the windows were complete,I measured out a large garage door and person door(I'll call it that)and added some trims made of popsicle sticks,they have the right scale look and are easy to glue in place,to make them look less like popsicle sticks I applied putty to the joints and sanded it smooth
            last but not least,I started painting the walls white,I'm using basic latex paint,so far it's really starting to take shape,I got a few more plans for it in the coming weeks,but for now I'll leave you this
            This gallery has 13 photos.

Comment

• RCtrucknut
              • Jul 2015

Looks good but I will miss the loft. The loft gave it a nice touch of character.

Comment

• Gasguzzler
                • Jun 2018

Thanks,and yeah,I'm missing the loft too,but the final vote came down to more space

Comment

• Gasguzzler
                  • Jun 2018

Time for more on the scale garage!
                  alot has been done on the scale garage in the past weeks,but I was sick,so I didn't get around to posting,so here's an update!since the last time you saw it,I completed painting the walls white,it took a few coats,but in the end,it came out well and made the garage much brighter.other then that,I finished up all the trims,I used balsa around the windows and popsicle sticks to make the doors.i applied putty to all the joints to make them look less like popsicle sticks and painted them garage grey(officially known as dolphin grey,but I prefer calling it garage grey)I chose to do a twin style garage door instead of the typical acordion style garage door,i wanted to try something a little different,i think it came out nicely
                  Now that the walls were painted and complete,it was time for banners,so I took to my old foam board garage walls with a pair of scissors and cut off the banners for reuse,I stuck them to the walls with some super thin 2 side tape.now with the walls painted and some banners up,the floor looked,um,plain,so I grabbed a paint brush and white paint and gave it a few coats of white to bring it to life!with 4 coats down and dry,I stood back and looked at it,a big white box with some stickers,great.
                  so what to do about the "big white box" issue,paint the base of the walls a color!most garages have it,so why not?I settled on red to make the walls "pop",after 20 minutes of masking,I took my 3 times to small for the job paint brush and started painting,2 hours,a very full swear jar and 5 coats later I got this,I added a few more banners and some scale accessories and I think it came out well
                  This gallery has 25 photos.

Comment

• RCtrucknut
                    • Jul 2015

Your garage is looking good and the red wall accent does indeed makes them"pop". The garage door was a nice choice. Time for those accessories that make a garage look interesting.

Will my Ural fit in there? I don't like parking it outside.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Gasguzzler
                      • Jun 2018

Yeah,I like the red,I think it came out nice and I can't wait to add all kinds of scale accessories from rc4wd and various other companies to make it come to life!and you can definitely send me that Ural to park in there,worse comes to worse I'll sit it on a shelf between runs lol

Comment

Working...
                      X