No announcement yet.

the atlas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope, i think i am going to hold off on turning it into a bile of complete scrap. lol
    i am working on rebuilding it right now.
    This is ME!
    This is RC Help Page

Comment

Great looking Atlas
      SnoopMaxx.com
      Never to old to play
      c",)

Comment

Any update on this guys?

Comment

Found the update

Comment

heck yeah I would be happy with the proto.. I even like the big hex heads.. me and button heads never get along.. I am gonna get my preorder in this weekend maybe I can get it the same time as my trex axles..
            NOSTR
            BYT

Comment

Originally posted by sloppy View Post
              heck yeah I would be happy with the proto.. I even like the big hex heads.. me and button heads never get along.. I am gonna get my preorder in this weekend maybe I can get it the same time as my trex axles..
              Yea I like the looks of button heads but, they dont hold up as well either

Comment

Originally posted by roborg5000 View Post
                Yea I like the looks of button heads but, they dont hold up as well either
                I mentioned to Mike that they may want to use 2mm SHCS. This will eliminate the head overhang and the issues that Button heads have stripping out.
                Last edited by Racer4Life; 09-26-2008, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer4Life View Post
                  I mentioned to Mike that they may want to use 2mm SHCS. This will eliminate the head overhang and the issues that Button heads have stripping out.
                  what is SHCS buddy? More abbreviations

Comment

Originally posted by roborg5000 View Post
                    what is SHCS buddy? More abbreviations
                    Socket head cap screw. I was a Fastener supplier back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer4Life View Post
                      Socket head cap screw. I was a Fastener supplier back in the day.
                      HEHEHE Yea nice ! Thanks buddy

Comment

I would rather stick with 3mm hardware.. in all honesty this thing should never come apart.. the gears are pretty beefy.. and if the button heads give me problems I would just switch them out...

with 2mm hardware the screw wont be as strong so if you try to use them as amount of some kind you risk breakage..
                        NOSTR
                        BYT

Comment

that is a good point, but think of it like this.....
                          a screw has a sheer strength, you multiply it by the amount of screws. then take the material you are using and get the fracture or split force. then you do an cubic mm measurement of all the material used and subtract it from the add strength of the screw. the force and speed of the gear will not matter to much because of the motion of them, going up and down.
                          i hope that made since, it dose in my head.
                          at the end of it you will be over killing the system in strength when you use larger screws (which, and i know, can cost more but not much).
                          but i think this system can go any way bigger or smaller. the smaller looks more scale and the larger look stronger and built to take a nuke.
                          This is ME!
                          This is RC Help Page

Comment

those screws really shouldnt have allot shear force on them any way with the design. that and there is a ton of them to take care of any load anyway..

really to be honest after some more thought on this I dont care what type of screw is in there I dont see the case ever coming apart after I grease it the first time.. I just cant wait to get my hands on one..

I do like the could take a nuke look but that is just me
                            NOSTR
                            BYT

Comment

i like both of them. that could be an option in the sale. just a thought. but i think that once you CLEAN then lube it you will be great to go for a long long time.
                              This is ME!
                              This is RC Help Page

Comment

Yea I like the look and can imagine some muddy grass hanging off the screw heads for an even more scale look

Comment

Working...
                                X