Painting the front grill piece on my Trail finder 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting the front grill piece on my Trail finder 2

Hello guys. New to the forum. Just finished painting my TF2 body metallic blue. My question is do most guys just paint the front piece the same color and then add detail. Like a silver to that grill part. And will painting the light wells affect the way the light comes out if I add lights. I've looked at many photos and it looks like silver painted over black on the grill. This is my first real build and paint job, so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for reading. Love this truck!!!

Welcome to the forum and the TF2. To answer your question, there are different ways to deal with the metallic accents on the grille and inside the light buckets. The simplest way is to use a metallic permanent marker. There are a couple of chrome markers available on Amazon (I like those better than the Sharpie metallic silver). If you want to make the lower valance the same as the body color, you can mask off the upper portion of the grille and spray the balance as you would the body. Hope that helps...be sure to post up pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BowHouse RC
    GCM #tinytruck Team
    Team Helios RC

"Sometimes nothin' can be a pretty cool hand..."
    - Cool Hand Luke

Comment

Originally posted by new2rocks View Post
      Welcome to the forum and the TF2. To answer your question, there are different ways to deal with the metallic accents on the grille and inside the light buckets. The simplest way is to use a metallic permanent marker. There are a couple of chrome markers available on Amazon (I like those better than the Sharpie metallic silver). If you want to make the lower valance the same as the body color, you can mask off the upper portion of the grille and spray the balance as you would the body. Hope that helps...be sure to post up pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hey thanks for the input. Will definitely check out those markers on Amazon. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X