Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC4WD 4 Channel Wireless Remote Light Controller in TRX-4 Landrover

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RC4WD 4 Channel Wireless Remote Light Controller in TRX-4 Landrover

    Hi there
    I'm using the original LED-Kit in my Traxxas TRX-4 Landrover, what means, that I do have three channels (1. normal lights, 2. Light-Bar on top and 3. lights in each wheel-house).
    I thought it was a good idea to buy a RC4WD 4 Channel Wireless Remote Light Controller to switch these 3 channels.
    But now I saw, that all the LEDs works on 3V while the main-power is 6V. The remote wireless controller do not transform, so my leds will burn :-(
    Traxxas give only ONE trafo for all the 3 Channels,
    My question: How do I have to wire LEDs and resistors - how many Ohms should the resistors have?
    Or is it better to order two more trafos from traxxas and switch them under 6V ?? (see picture)

    Hope somebody can understand my poor english and help solving the problem - thanks

  • #2
    Good Morning
    My problem is solved. The RC4WD-Receiver can really switch the 3V from Traxxas Power Supply. Chiara Runge from Finland could help me much. She mentioned, that I should change + and - at the LED-wires. After that my TRX-4 works in the expected matter. Fine.
    Layout TRX-4.jpeg
    Last edited by Peter Humm; 02-27-2019, 01:32 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Peter Humm View Post
      Good Morning
      My problem is solved. The RC4WD-Receiver can really switch the 3V from Traxxas Power Supply. Chiara Runge from Finland could help me much. She mentioned, that I should change + and - at the LED-wires. After that my TRX-4 works in the expected matter. Fine.
      Next question:
      As You see, position 4 on the wireless controller is free So I'd like to use it for switching the sound-generator.
      Is there a Relais which can operate on 3V to switch another 6V-line ??

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you connect the Traxxas light power supply to the receiver box channel? Or did you just leave that out and only connect the one plug to the BEC?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lankanpark View Post
          Did you connect the Traxxas light power supply to the receiver box channel? Or did you just leave that out and only connect the one plug to the BEC?
          See my connections in a post above
          Last edited by Peter Humm; 05-19-2020, 11:23 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh I think I get it now.
            and did you use JR connectors for the LED wires?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lankanpark View Post
              Oh I think I get it now.
              and did you use JR connectors for the LED wires?
              Yes, I connected the red wire to the receiver-box. And Yes, for the LEDs I used the JR connectors. These parts were originally fitted by factory, so that I had to change + and - as described above.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Peter Humm View Post

                Yes, I connected the red wire to the receiver-box. And Yes, for the LEDs I used the JR connectors. These parts were originally fitted by factory, so that I had to change + and - as described above.
                Hey! thank you so much. It worked I was about to give up but it seemed to work now. Right now I only have the light bar and head/tail lights. I plan on adding the rock lights.

                I noticed there's an extra port on the RC4WD controller. You mentioned/asked if there's a way to add a speaker that can be toggled for the 4th port- have you found a way to do this? I was thinking of using a Winch, but I think that also requires 6v Would the same method of swapping the red and black at the connector work?

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lankanpark View Post

                  Hey! thank you so much. It worked I was about to give up but it seemed to work now. Right now I only have the light bar and head/tail lights. I plan on adding the rock lights.

                  I noticed there's an extra port on the RC4WD controller. You mentioned/asked if there's a way to add a speaker that can be toggled for the 4th port- have you found a way to do this? I was thinking of using a Winch, but I think that also requires 6v Would the same method of swapping the red and black at the connector work?

                  Thanks!
                  No - sorry. I could not find a relais as expected. So I mountet a normal switch :-(

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X