fake brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fake brake

ok guys i have this idea and it is out there but what about some thing like this for you sale guys?

This is ME!
    This is RC Help Page

That's a good idea I think most people will buy them . Does it change the width of the truck ?

Comment

Originally posted by ScaleXtreme View Post
      That's a good idea I think most people will buy them . Does it change the width of the truck ?
      not really, if you look at the 12mm hex in the back of the rim with a standard 12mm hex mounting style, there is a little left out that is about all that it would take. these are not really taking any abuse from wear and tear. just makes a scaler look more scale. plus adds a little weight to the wheel.

and if people want them to space out the wheels a little more i am sure they can make them so they will. kind of like a off set spacer and what not.
      This is ME!
      This is RC Help Page

Comment

what is the material ? if adds weight to the wheel they will be very useful .

Comment

Originally posted by ScaleXtreme View Post
          what is the material ? if adds weight to the wheel they will be very useful .
          probably see about steel and or some kind alum. not to sure yet. it is really what is going to be more affordable. i am also sure they can make them out of derlin if people don't want to pay for all the metal.

many materials it is all up to manufacturing.
          This is ME!
          This is RC Help Page

Comment

Just make them out of alluminum. Steel will rust (which might be cool, but then there are other problems),Delrin costs the same to machine, so why not make it out of the better stuff? Plus the delrin could strip like all the plastic hexes I've used.

Edit: Also make them two different sizes, 1.9 and 2.2. If they are 1.9 sized they'll look hella tiny on a 2.2 wheel, and if there 2.2 size, theyll look hella big.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
              Just make them out of alluminum. Steel will rust (which might be cool, but then there are other problems),Delrin costs the same to machine, so why not make it out of the better stuff? Plus the delrin could strip like all the plastic hexes I've used.

Edit: Also make them two different sizes, 1.9 and 2.2. If they are 1.9 sized they'll look hella tiny on a 2.2 wheel, and if there 2.2 size, they'll look hella big.
              i think that is the plan. we are going to make them out of alum and maybe paint or leave you guys to paint your own.
              This is ME!
              This is RC Help Page

Comment

steel = cheap, strong, heavy, easy to machine. I will paint em then they wont rust.. if it is aluminum go with something strong not a cheap grade
                NOSTR
                BYT

Comment

Originally posted by sloppy View Post
                  steel = cheap, strong, heavy, easy to machine. I will paint em then they wont rust.. if it is aluminum go with something strong not a cheap grade
                  Agreed . Can you get a caliper on them ?

Comment

Originally posted by roborg5000 View Post
                    Agreed . Can you get a caliper on them ?

that is in the process but i have to figure it out. i have some ideas and i will be drawing them up soon. some thing easy and quick.
                    i will also be working on some drum brakes for them guys who want that too.
                    This is ME!
                    This is RC Help Page

Comment

drums will be tuffer to do using a hex cant wait to see what you come up with.

idea for the caliper small piece of angle bolt caliper to it bolt angle to upper kingpin then just let it float it would rub a little on the rotor but that should keep the rust cleaned off
                      NOSTR
                      BYT

Comment

Originally posted by scubadaveojr View Post
                        ok guys i have this idea and it is out there but what about some thing like this for you sale guys?

hey Dave,
                        those look sweet.
                        If possible make them compatible with the ones that Fracture and I designed jointly, that way they fit more wheels.

Comment

yeah, scratch that, I forgot we took the hex off, nevermind.

Comment

there are also going to be ones that are 5 bolt. i am working on the design to them and checking into some materials and tools. just so they are easy to use. lol.
                            i have many ideas on how these are going to work, this is just a concept that i cam out with to help minds flow into better ideas.
                            lol
                            This is ME!
                            This is RC Help Page

Comment

love the idea... can't wait see it..

Comment

Working...
                              X