The HC-1 Scale Chassis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HC-1 Scale Chassis

Another project that is in the pipeline.
    www.rc4wd.com

looks good
    NOSTR
    BYT

Comment

I like it. The image looks sooo real WOW! Upper links will be pretty short. Whats the wheelbase settings?

Comment

Originally posted by roborg5000 View Post
        I like it. The image looks sooo real WOW! Upper links will be pretty short. Whats the wheelbase settings?
        Short links with those axles yes! But that was before I modeled the AX axles. Those were just from my Rock-1 Cad Crawler which was mostly TLT and rustler part based. This is a very early render I did. It still has a ways to go, but I like to keep things simple so hopefully I can get some time a work on it. The LR3 part is just the body I was planning on using for this build, so I'll have to work in some generic mounting options. I also want to do something for interchangeable bumpers....again trying to keep it simple will be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by hc rc guy View Post
          Short links with those axles yes! But that was before I modeled the AX axles. Those were just from my Rock-1 Cad Crawler which was mostly TLT and rustler part based. This is a very early render I did. It still has a ways to go, but I like to keep things simple so hopefully I can get some time a work on it. The LR3 part is just the body I was planning on using for this build, so I'll have to work in some generic mounting options. I also want to do something for interchangeable bumpers....again trying to keep it simple will be difficult.
          Work the bumper mounts in with the body mounts possibly ?

Comment

My initial thought on body mounting is to give the person a choice and provide some different mounting points. As soon as you combine things, you limit some options. But, there is plenty of time to try some different approaches.

Comment

Nice chassis. Like the mocked up drawing.

Comment

leafs?

Been toying with the idea of leafs in back? What's everyone's thoughts? It would mess up the AX-10 easy conversion part though.....

Noticed CKRC just came out with scale rail...very basic, but at $42 it's cheap!

This rail design should be way nicer, but everything isn't free.....

Comment

Originally posted by hc rc guy View Post
                  Been toying with the idea of leafs in back? What's everyone's thoughts? It would mess up the AX-10 easy conversion part though.....

Noticed CKRC just came out with scale rail...very basic, but at $42 it's cheap!

This rail design should be way nicer, but everything isn't free.....
                  you mean the ugly xtrail clone.. that thing looks terrible IMO.. and the xtrail price has dropped to 39.99.. to bad for the clone

IMO your chassis looks good as it is if it is a direct bolt up to the ax10 and you can price it around the xtrail you will sell tons of them.. from the looks of the design you would have to do major changes to set it up for leaf's I would make this entry level and then design the leaver separate..

there are lots of guys out there that love the bolt together scaler idea. i would stick with what you started and not over complicate..
                  NOSTR
                  BYT

Comment

Yeah, ugly clone is right unfortunately. I was being nice, then I noticed the price drop...oh well.

I most likely will go along those lines. Right now I'm using a custom tranny mount because I'm not to fond of the AX one in plastic. Not sure if I'll go with delrin or aluminum. I like Alum for the threading so a slim chance no one will over torque (there are always a few), but delrin has it's advantages too.

Comment

delrin holds threads pretty well but you are probably right there would be striped out threads using it custom skid would be nice that way people can choose transmission as well
                      NOSTR
                      BYT

Comment

wow very nice
                        I have been looking for a nice conversion for a AX10
                        i have to pick one up when or if it is sold to the public
                        -JJ

Comment

I love that chassis...My LR3 would look great on it...

Comment

What software do you use for your render?... looks great

Comment

Originally posted by akura2 View Post
                              What software do you use for your render?... looks great
                              photoworks

Comment

Working...
                              X